Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5am Arrival at SIN T4 - options?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2023, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
5am Arrival at SIN T4 - options?

Have been searching FT and Google and finding lots of good stuff, but running into a couple detailed questions I can't find an answer to. It's been ~30 years since I was in Singapore last, so everything about Changi is brand new to me. Also many of the threads are a few years old and not sure if things are different now with so many things closing/reopening due to COVID.

Arriving ICN-SIN on KE, scheduled arrival at 5am. Ideally would be able to find a room to nap a few hours, then shower, then spend some time exploring the Jewel before heading into the city after and checking in at our actual hotel. Our outbound flight is a morning one so trying to do this on arrival rather than departure.

We (2 adults) will be in KE J, I am Skyteam Elite +, and we have Priority Pass. Hand luggage only.

1. It appears that the T4 Blossom Lounge is both PP and what KE uses, but can it be used as an arrival lounge via either access method? My understanding is we can physically access it since arrival/departure pax are not segregated at SIN.
2. Yotel was our original option, but after emailing they do not allow day use check in before 8am, and booking the night prior doesn't seem worth it. Is there ever any luck just showing up there around 6am and being able to check in for day use?
3. The transit hotels appear to be accessible and allow check in at the desired time, though they are pricey. I assume no issues staying airside to get to one of those hotels as they're all in different terminals?
4. Similar to #1, I see a Changi Lounge accessible via PP at the Jewel. Can this be used as an arrivals lounge? Not ideal but would consider shower/breakfast in a lounge until we can check into Yotel for sleep if that's what is available.

TIA for any help! Seems like there are just lots of options at SIN and my head got spinning a bit.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:33 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I don't see how you can use your KE bp for the lounge in T4 since you're arriving (I'm not a SkyTeam expert), but your PP membership should work (though I've only done it on arrival in the T3 PP lounges). If you don't get in with your PP membership in T4, you could try one of the T3 PP lounges airside as there is shuttle bus from T4 to T3 airside. If you exit immigration at T3, the agent may ask you why you didn't exit at T4, but you should be ok if you say you wanted to use the PP lounge in T3.

Jewel is easily accessible landside from T3 with lots of moving pedestrian ramps.

Once you get to Jewel, I doubt you'll want to stay at Yotel unless you're really exhausted, but I guess it's good to have it as an emergency option.

If you haven't been to Singapore in 30 years, it will seem a lot different now.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Thank you! Good to know the T3 lounge is also an option.

I do think we will want a quick bit of sleep. Coming off a full day in Seoul plus the 6 hr flight time doesn't allow for much actual sleep. I also understand that some of the things in Jewel (canopy Park, etc) do not open until 10am. As you said, we are effectively new tourists to SIN this time so will want to do all the touristy things.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
You're most welcome.

There are also touristy things to do in the other terminals at Changi, both airside and landside, with lots of places to take pics. Look at the Changi map.

There are also places airside with free sleeping loungers.
gooselee likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:17 pm

If you are staying in transit, you could take the shuttle buses to T1 and T3 and stay in the transit hotels there but yeah they can get pricey.
gooselee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.