Less than six months passport validity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum

Has anyone recently tried to enter Singapore with less than six months of remaining passport validity? I've just realised my daughter's passport has five-and-a-bit months left. We will be staying in Singapore for just a few days so her passport will still have five-and-a-bit months validity on departure from Singapore. Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Too much travel
Has anyone recently tried to enter Singapore with less than six months of remaining passport validity? I've just realised my daughter's passport has five-and-a-bit months left. We will be staying in Singapore for just a few days so her passport will still have five-and-a-bit months validity on departure from Singapore. Thanks
I've entered Singapore with only a month left on my (non-Singapore) passport validity. The immigration officer was kind enough to remind me of that and asked me to renew it asap. That was pre-COVID time though.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:55 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Pre-Covid, I tried to go to SIN with about five months left. Got to ORD to check in and was denied. They said that SIN could send me back on the next flight and fine United for this. Had to postpone my trip until I got a new passport. I wouldn't risk it even if they let you an the flight.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Pre-Covid, I tried to go to SIN with about five months left. Got to ORD to check in and was denied. They said that SIN could send me back on the next flight and fine United for this. Had to postpone my trip until I got a new passport. I wouldn't risk it even if they let you an the flight.
Originally Posted by a5un
I've entered Singapore with only a month left on my (non-Singapore) passport validity. The immigration officer was kind enough to remind me of that and asked me to renew it asap. That was pre-COVID time though.
I am surprised the airline actually let you check in at all. Timatic would have stated clearly that you need 6 months passport validity in order to enter Singapore.
kevino likes this.

Last edited by williamluk; Jul 12, 2022 at 5:54 pm
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Too much travel
YMMV
https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-depart/entry_requirements
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by williamluk
I am surprised the airline actually let you check in at all. Timatic would have stated clearly that you need 6 months passport validity in order to enter Singapore.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I checked in the flight with another passport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.