Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Is there any possibility of me accessing the SQ lounge at SIN T3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

Is there any possibility of accessing the SQ lounge at T3 in my current situation? I'm currently on a UA Silver, and I want to credit my UA flights to UA MileagePlus. On my last trip to SIN, I only visited the SATS lounge instead. I am a *G on both AC and OZ, but I don't want to credit UA 2 to either of those programs. Is there any possibility to leverage my *G status for lounge access while crediting UA 2 to my UA FFP?
Old May 9, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
No, SQ lounge is only for First/Business pax.
*G gets the SATS lounge.
You should be able to access SATS lounge by showing AC or OZ Gold card with your UA boarding pass.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
No, SQ lounge is only for First/Business pax.
*G gets the SATS lounge.
You should be able to access SATS lounge by showing AC or OZ Gold card with your UA boarding pass.
Oh, gotcha. I think I got confused about SQ because someone mentioned an upcoming SQ lounge for *G members. I thought the current one at T3 would allow *G members access, but I guess not.
Old May 11, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Ambassador
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...krisflyergold/

https://mainlymiles.com/2022/05/06/s...llow-in-weeks/
Old May 11, 2022, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
SQ used to operate a separate *Gold lounge at SIN that was considered less good than its business class lounge.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:54 am

KrisFlyer Gold lounge is the one that is designated for all status passengers other than PPS, located in Terminal 3. It has reopened recently following renovations.

I'm not sure how SQ deals with cases where the *G status is not what is shown on the BP. If they're okay to refer to separate credentials without the status reflecting on the BP, then you should be able to use the KrisFlyer Gold lounge even with a UA flight.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
You can just show your *G card at entrance to the KrisFlyer Gold lounge, regardless of what's on the BP. Done that many times.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA, KF
Originally Posted by hdogan
You can just show your *G card at entrance to the KrisFlyer Gold lounge, regardless of what's on the BP. Done that many times.
When you say "show your *G" are you saying there is a physical or virtual *G card other than the airline loyalty card like KFEG card? Would love to get it if there is one.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Stingyguy
When you say "show your *G" are you saying there is a physical or virtual *G card other than the airline loyalty card like KFEG card? Would love to get it if there is one.
Any Star Alliance airline loyalty program, physical or virtual card will suffice. OP mentioned they're Star Gold on multiple airlines.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:29 am

Star Alliance Gold members flying on a Star Alliance flight should be able to access the new Krisflyer Gold Lounge at Changi T3. While not as good as SilverKris, it is still a decent place to get some drink and food. Here is a video of the new Krisflyer Gold lounge from June 2022. This lounge was newly opened in late May 2022.

kevin111260 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.