Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Restaurant recs?

Restaurant recs?

Old Apr 21, 22, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Restaurant recs?

Restaurant recs for 72 hour stay? All price ranges and street food too. Michelin star recs too.

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 22, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go View Post
Restaurant recs for 72 hour stay? All price ranges and street food too. Michelin star recs too.

Thanks!
bummer to see no answer on this thread. Im taking my first ever trip to SG for work next month and would like to treat myself to a couple of high end meals. Did you discover anything on your trip that you could share?
Old Sep 17, 22, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
bummer to see no answer on this thread. Im taking my first ever trip to SG for work next month and would like to treat myself to a couple of high end meals. Did you discover anything on your trip that you could share?
Michelin Fine Dining:
Les Amis
Odette
Summer Pavillion
Restaurant Euphoria (Formerly was executive chef at Corner House)

Regular Restaurant:
Orchid Live Seafood
The Feather Blade
Tipo Pasta Bar
Chin Huat Live Seafood
Holycrab

Hawker Style:
Beach Road Prawn Noodle House
Roast Paradise
Mr. Lorbak
Hai Kee Teochew Cha Kuay Teow
The Original Katong Laksa
Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice
JNelson113 and PV_Premier like this.
Old Sep 17, 22, 8:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by Comp4k View Post
Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice
Stay away.

That turned into a tourist trap after the owner sold it, has (had) 45-120 min wait and the food is awful. Which tourists obviously don't know because they don't know how it supposed to taste.
Old Sep 18, 22, 2:20 pm

Programs: AF, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Stay away.

That turned into a tourist trap after the owner sold it, has (had) 45-120 min wait and the food is awful. Which tourists obviously don't know because they don't know how it supposed to taste.
Concur
Old Sep 18, 22, 10:24 pm

Stay away.

Originally Posted by eagle215 View Post
Concur

Oh dang. What do you recommend then? I'm heading back to Singapore next month and was going to take my family there......
Old Sep 19, 22, 5:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Oh dang. What do you recommend then? I'm heading back to Singapore next month and was going to take my family there......
Do you specifically need chicken rice? If so, ask local Singaporean contacts which hawker center they would recommend. In general, Zion Road and Old Airport Road are good.

P.S. One generic recommendation - avoid going to places mentioned in guidebooks and/or are well-publicized over the Internet.
Old Sep 19, 22, 5:27 pm

Do you specifically need chicken rice? If so, ask local Singaporean contacts which hawker center they would recommend. In general, Zion Road and Old Airport Road are good.

P.S. One generic recommendation - avoid going to places mentioned in guidebooks and/or are well-publicized over the Internet.
yea lol one thing to cross of their list

more of a snack really since there are so many other foods at the hawker centers to eat at.
Topcare likes this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 10:01 am

Programs: AF, Aeroplan

https://chinchineatinghouse.com

Try the Chicken rice here. I liked it a lot but that was back in 2019. Have not been back since COVID...However will visit them in November!
Old Sep 20, 22, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by eagle215 View Post
https://chinchineatinghouse.com

Try the Chicken rice here. I liked it a lot but that was back in 2019. Have not been back since COVID...However will visit them in November!
Thanks. if I happen to stop by I'll be sure to report back here late October.
Old Sep 20, 22, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
any good or bad experiences with the michelin starred omakase options? I was considering doing a Friday night dinner at either Kimura or Shoukouwa... I love great quality Japanese food and my wife doesn't so this business trip is a great way to have a good omakase experience on a favorable exchange rate where I can expense 25% of it or so

Search this Thread