Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Here’s another data point - landed at 5am from JFK this week, swabbed at 5.30 and results were in my inbox at 10am. We were the only flight in at that hour so YMMV of course.
JNelson113 and m.y like this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Flying into SG this coming Friday for a 4 day stay then off to Maldives. Do they provide clear instructions where to submit your ART after your on arrival PCR? Also, currently booked an appointment with Raffles Medical for my PCR test to the Maldives, which is ~$100, anyone recommend a cheaper alternative for a PCR test? They listed clinics, but it's a pain in the ... to go through each clinic's website.

Also, what's the scene in SG? Full capacity dining or 50%? People mostly mask wearing?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by justlaz
Flying into SG this coming Friday for a 4 day stay then off to Maldives. Do they provide clear instructions where to submit your ART after your on arrival PCR? Also, currently booked an appointment with Raffles Medical for my PCR test to the Maldives, which is ~$100, anyone recommend a cheaper alternative for a PCR test? They listed clinics, but it's a pain in the ... to go through each clinic's website.

Also, what's the scene in SG? Full capacity dining or 50%? People mostly mask wearing?
From Jan 23, you no longer submit your ART. It's now just an honor system.

Masks are required everywhere including outdoors (except when exercising). Dining is max 5 people per table. https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19-phase-advisory
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
As a data point I have just arrived in SIN from AU on a VTL flight. The process to get COVID tested was after immigration and was very quick. Whilst I was one of the first off the plane, there were at least 20 desks set up to check details, and a further 20 for the actual test. I was told that afternoons are generally quiet so YMMV.
To add to the above, I was tested when I arrived at about 1700. The results came though around 0300 the following morning.
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have their been any updates or news about Qatar and the UAE joining the VTL after it being postponed?
mitellic likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Recovered pax: beware of immigration delays

I just entered SG as a test-exempted, recovered pax.
For those taking advantage of this new rule, beware: you will get secondary screening at immigration.

It took about 1h from my immigration counter bounce-back to finally going landside. A pretty good deal considering I was among the first to deplane and only saw 5 pax waiting for secondary in front of me. There was about 50 pax waiting behind when leaving - must have been a hell of a wait for them.

Plan your schedule accordingly!
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by maalloc
I just entered SG as a test-exempted, recovered pax.
For those taking advantage of this new rule, beware: you will get secondary screening at immigration.

It took about 1h from my immigration counter bounce-back to finally going landside.!
I may have been beside you in line. (Not literally. Same experience.) Part of the problem, as i saw it, was a lot of vaccinated but not recently recovered, people that line. They could have helped themselves and us by choosing the correct lane. Vaccinated AND Recovered to the left. Further to the right for the rest.

Once through the line, it has been great: no testing, no isolation awaiting results.
maalloc likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:40 pm

Just arrived at my SHN hotel. Overall, pretty smooth customs/immigration process, we had a hiccup with them locating our on arrival covid test payment, but overall pretty organized and straightforward process. As long as you print out everything and are fairly organized it'll be just as smooth of a process. Took my test about an hour ago and said it could take 6-12 hours, so hopefully it won't be 6 hours.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:47 pm

Another data point, swabbed at 8:20 and received my negative results at 13:10, so just under 5 hour turnaround.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I'll give my data point from three days ago . . . swabbed at 8am, results at 11:30am.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Am I correct in reading that it's actually possible for me to do a quick trip from the US to Singapore via United as long as I'm vaccinated, since I'll be in quarantine on arrival for only a few hours, until my on-arrival PCR results comes back?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by boat stuck
Am I correct in reading that it's actually possible for me to do a quick trip from the US to Singapore via United as long as I'm vaccinated, since I'll be in quarantine on arrival for only a few hours, until my on-arrival PCR results comes back?
Can you elaborate what you mean? The United flight from SFO, LAX and EWR are VTL flights and you will need a test to board and a PCR on arrival
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by justlaz
Can you elaborate what you mean? The United flight from SFO, LAX and EWR are VTL flights and you will need a test to board and a PCR on arrival
Yes that's what I meant, in that I will be allowed to enter Singapore as a tourist, as long as I'm vaccinated and have a pre-trip PCR test, and after arrival, I only have to wait in my hotel for a few hours before being cleared to move around the city.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Yes that's what I meant, in that I will be allowed to enter Singapore as a tourist, as long as I'm vaccinated and have a pre-trip PCR test, and after arrival, I only have to wait in my hotel for a few hours before being cleared to move around the city.
Correct, but quite a few hoops to jump through. Pre departure test, VTL flight, application for a VTP, book and pay for PCR on arrival, book a VTL hotel.

But your general question of is it possible, then the answer is yes. Hopefully I will be out and about in Singapore this time next week.
boat stuck likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:55 am

Yup that's correct. Seems the turnaround based on a few testimonials is the turnaround is about 5 hours. After you get your results you can go about the city as normal.

As previously said there's quite a bit of paperwork you have to do like the VTP and acquire travel insurance among other things. But it's totally worth it, Singapore is one of my favorite cities and definitely pretty covid safe.
JNelson113 and boat stuck like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.