Reload this Page >

Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Old Dec 22, 2021, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by JNelson113
https://www.caas.gov.sg/who-we-are/n...ion-community/

I just saw that. It's pretty disappointing news.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Roti Prata strikes again.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are eMed supervised, self-administered antigen tests ok for VTL?

I saw on one website that self-administered tests are not valid but I can't find that language again on the official government website.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by Doppy
Are eMed supervised, self-administered antigen tests ok for VTL?

I saw on one website that self-administered tests are not valid but I can't find that language again on the official government website.
Language used is "professionally administered". There certainly is some room for interpretation there.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
I remember reading something about paying extra to turn the arrival PCR test into a departure fit to fly. Looking to depart for Phuket after a couple of nights in Singapore so this would save me a test, does anyone have the details?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: QR GO, SQ KFEG
Originally Posted by strickers
I remember reading something about paying extra to turn the arrival PCR test into a departure fit to fly. Looking to depart for Phuket after a couple of nights in Singapore so this would save me a test, does anyone have the details?
I remember reading that someone managed to do that, but there doesn't seem to be anything official about it (not that I can find, anyway).
Perhaps you could try emailing: [email protected] ? Or make an inquiry directly with Raffles Medical? They handle the arrival PCR tests at Changi.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:46 am

Transfer to Phuket

sorry its a so confusing we really wanted to do this but I assumed you would have to stay in Singapore for 7 nights first?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by stenning
sorry its a so confusing we really wanted to do this but I assumed you would have to stay in Singapore for 7 nights first?
Why would you have to stay in Singapore for 7 nights?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:19 pm

The requirements for pre-departure is pretty straight forward, 24/48/72 or 1/2/3 days before departure time.

The official report will usually indicate the collection time, lab received time and report issued time. Some airlines take report issued time while most airlines required sample collection time.

As long as the report satisfied the airline/country requirements, you are good to go.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:25 pm

If you were referencing Singapores requirements, Singapore makes an allowance to its testing requirements if one leaves before the full 7 days of testing are up: the VTL rules state a newly-arriving traveller is exempt from the daily ART tests per clause 5/6 (though not the initial PCR test + subsequent self-isolation): https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/conditions

THs requirements suggest the prior 21 days must have been spent in a country on their approved list. Not sure how that is managed if in multiple countries in that period.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by crackjack
If you were referencing Singapores requirements, Singapore makes an allowance to its testing requirements if one leaves before the full 7 days of testing are up: the VTL rules state a newly-arriving traveller is exempt from the daily ART tests per clause 5/6 (though not the initial PCR test + subsequent self-isolation): https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/conditions

THs requirements suggest the prior 21 days must have been spent in a country on their approved list. Not sure how that is managed if in multiple countries in that period.
Indeed, I can't see anything that states you must stay for 7 days. Where is the 21 days you refer to, the only requirement is that you can only visit VTL approved countries in the 14 days prior to entry?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:02 am

Indeed, I can't see anything that states you must stay for 7 days. Where is the 21 days you refer to, the only requirement is that you can only visit VTL approved countries in the 14 days prior to entry?
TH = Thailand
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by crackjack
TH = Thailand
T&G states countries not country:

'Travel from a port of departure in eligible country / territory and have stayed in eligible countries / territories for at least 21 consecutive days'

Sandbox doesn't list this as a requirement?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So we are VTL travellers arriving April 2-10. Can we book 2 different hotel stays, April 2-6 Hotel A(VTL Hotel) & April 7-10 Hotel B (VTL hotel)?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:42 pm

T&G states countries not country:

'Travel from a port of departure in eligible country / territory and have stayed in eligible countries / territories for at least 21 consecutive days'

Sandbox doesn't list this as a requirement?
Ah, youre right, no 21 days for Sandbox. I hadnt seen that the OP wanted to travel to HKT. Plus, not planning on travelling to TH anytime soon, so havent spent too much time looking at it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.