Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if the automated clearance gates can be used rather than going to the immigration desks at this point or is everyone forced to go to the desks?

I am registered for Singapore's trusted traveler program, although it now looks like that service is available to anyone from the US and other select countries.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Doppy
Does anyone know if the automated clearance gates can be used rather than going to the immigration desks at this point or is everyone forced to go to the desks?
Automated gates can be used. Remember to remove your mask before the face recognition camera. Otherwise, it'll fail and you'll be sent to the desks.
Doppy likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Can anyone confirm whether one is required to download TraceTogether still, or if they have dispensed that requirement to enter Singapore. Ie, will the airline check at boarding, and will immigration want to see it.

i had last checked in April, and believe it was still required then. I know TT is not being used in general in SG anymore (ie, in order to eat at restaurants, etc.), but am kind of unclear as to whether it is required to have the app and immigration still checks for it.

Coming in in mid-June, flying most of the way Air Canada and transiting in NRT to NH into SIN. ACs travel requirements still seems to list it as a ‘required’ contract tracing app, though checking United’s site (which uses Timatic) doesn’t seem to say it’s required. SafeTravels Singapore site doesn’t seem to list it in the steps to enter guide, but refers to it as required for travelers in the FAQ.

Just want to make sure what will be required when we board, and when we speak to immigration.
Old May 20, 2022, 8:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Can anyone confirm whether one is required to download TraceTogether still, or if they have dispensed that requirement to enter Singapore. Ie, will the airline check at boarding, and will immigration want to see it.

i had last checked in April, and believe it was still required then. I know TT is not being used in general in SG anymore (ie, in order to eat at restaurants, etc.), but am kind of unclear as to whether it is required to have the app and immigration still checks for it.

Coming in in mid-June, flying most of the way Air Canada and transiting in NRT to NH into SIN. ACs travel requirements still seems to list it as a ‘required’ contract tracing app, though checking United’s site (which uses Timatic) doesn’t seem to say it’s required. SafeTravels Singapore site doesn’t seem to list it in the steps to enter guide, but refers to it as required for travelers in the FAQ.

Just want to make sure what will be required when we board, and when we speak to immigration.
Was in Singapore the last 2 weeks. No mention of the app by immigration authorities, and the app is virtually no longer in use since it is no longer mandatory to scan to enter enclosed places.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I can confirm that UA asked for proof of vaccination status before starting my trip to Singapore. In Singapore, UA asked for proof of vaccination and COVID first result.
What is the COVID "first result"?
Old May 24, 2022, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingSloth
"test result"
funky autocorrect, I'm guessing
lsquare likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by FlyingSloth
Originally Posted by Cryofern
"test result"
funky autocorrect, I'm guessing
Sorry, it was autocorrect from my phone.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:19 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Can anyone flying to/from Singapore recently say how the mask situation was on the flight? Is this heavily enforced?

Further, any idea if the mask requirement will be removed anytime soon. I feel like Singapore may keep this in place for months or much longer.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by HB7
Can anyone flying to/from Singapore recently say how the mask situation was on the flight? Is this heavily enforced?
Further, any idea if the mask requirement will be removed anytime soon. I feel like Singapore may keep this in place for months or much longer.
Flew into SIN early May on UA1 from SFO. Mask is mandatory in the plane per the announcement, but enforcement is non-existent. I feel asleep with my mask dangling on 1 ear and no one said a thing. Maybe this is due to the crew is from US, thus nobody cares anymore.
Flew out of SIN on UA2; mask is optional as soon as plane door is closed and pushed off from the gate.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HB7
Well they removed the outdoor mask mandate in Singapore a few weeks ago, so that's some movement, but I don't think the indoor or airplane mandates are going away anytime soon. And you must consider that the culture in SG is very different, there are no people making scenes or protesting in the streets about masks.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by quirrow
Was in Singapore the last 2 weeks. No mention of the app by immigration authorities, and the app is virtually no longer in use since it is no longer mandatory to scan to enter enclosed places.
right. That is my understanding as well. Just a bit concerned that AC will ask for it at boarding, even though we don’t really need it. Despite departing on AC, they don’t fly to SIN themselves, so transiting in NRT to NH, who I assume will know the correct rules.

has anyone else been asked to show they have the app at boarding at origin, even if connecting to SIN? I actually downloaded back when it was required, but don’t want to have to for wife and daughter, who we might have to use an old, inactive phone for if we absolutely need to show it, even though I’m pretty certain we won’t need it to enter anywhere, or even for immigration.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:56 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
has anyone else been asked to show they have the app at boarding at origin, even if connecting to SIN?
Never in the past 6 months, even when it was heavily used there.
But it's the typical YMMV situation, depending on your airline and the check-in clerk's mood...
Old May 30, 2022, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some United agents were recently asking at check in if you had the app but not verifying. Just be prepared to spend 30 seconds downloading it if someone does ask to see it predeparture - this is not a big deal.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
has anyone else been asked to show they have the app at boarding at origin, even if connecting to SIN?
No one has asked me in multiple trips; my co-workers have had the same experience. If you're the unlucky ones who for some reason is, take the 20 seconds to download from the App Store while standing at the gate. You will be asked for proof of vaccination and of having filled out the electronic arrival card.

Singapore is more or less back to normal. You do not need TraceTogether anymore; you can use the automated immigration gates again; and no one will hassle you about anything Covid-related as long as you wear a mask indoors.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Scifience
No one has asked me in multiple trips; my co-workers have had the same experience. If you're the unlucky ones who for some reason is, take the 20 seconds to download from the App Store while standing at the gate. You will be asked for proof of vaccination and of having filled out the electronic arrival card.

Singapore is more or less back to normal. You do not need TraceTogether anymore; you can use the automated immigration gates again; and no one will hassle you about anything Covid-related as long as you wear a mask indoors.

The automated immigration gates....is that still only for Singaporeans, PRs, and U.S. Citizens who are approved for the Trusted Traveler Programme (with the big passport stamp)? Or can all citizens of select passport citizenships use the e-gates like in UK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.