Wiki Posts
Search

Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:48 am

So with VTL requirements now officially scrapped from 1 April… though it seems pre-departure testing is still a requirement, otherwise looks like it’s mostly back to how it was for vaccinated travellers.

Unvaccinated travellers are required to isolate for 7 days, however.

Good summary table here:
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sing...etired-2582986
https://onecms-res.cloudinary.com/im...measures_1.png
milesforhire likes this.

Last edited by crackjack; Mar 24, 2022 at 10:55 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:34 pm

Important distinction is insurance is still required.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
What about the TraceTogether program (app or token)? Will that still be mandatory for visitors?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by crackjack
So with VTL requirements now officially scrapped from 1 April… though it seems pre-departure testing is still a requirement, otherwise looks like it’s mostly back to how it was for vaccinated travellers.

Unvaccinated travellers are required to isolate for 7 days, however.

Good summary table here:
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sing...etired-2582986
https://onecms-res.cloudinary.com/im...measures_1.png
I rarely take calculated risks, but I booked an ANA business class award TO Singapore a couple months ago for later this year, despite Japan not being a VTL. Glad my gut said to book it because for my travel dates and dates around it award inventory has been zeroed out. There was only one J award to begin with. And now even economy can’t be booked. Chinese New Year 2023 in SE Asia is going to be insane.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
What about the TraceTogether program (app or token)? Will that still be mandatory for visitors?
Yes.

More important is that it is still mandatory when entering & inside most buildings, whether you are a visitor or resident, so you will need it regardless.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Important distinction is insurance is still required.
No one paid any attention to my travel insurance when I flew in last week including QR who have in my experience been very anal about checking documents.

It would be a bit silly to travel without health insurance anyway and most good policies should have some sort of COVID coverage.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
No one paid any attention to my travel insurance when I flew in last week including QR who have in my experience been very anal about checking documents.

It would be a bit silly to travel without health insurance anyway and most good policies should have some sort of COVID coverage.
I have a travel policy, but it's week on COVID and only covers "medically necessary" treatment. I took out a platinum SG policy for under USD $50. Hope to never use it, but might as well spend the $.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Which insurers offer the required covid coverage for Singapore?

Looking for Singapore’s equivalent to the AXA Sawasdee Thailand policy.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Which insurers offer the required covid coverage for Singapore?

Looking for Singapore’s equivalent to the AXA Sawasdee Thailand policy.
AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. Singapore Travel Assist
Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited SG Travel Insured
HL Assurance Pte. Ltd. ChangiAssure Covid Insurance
MegatopLover likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
This seems like good news for travelers who are fully vaccinated but not boosted, and wish to enter Singapore (staying under 30 days): https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...er-for-30-days
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by JNelson113
This seems like good news for travelers who are fully vaccinated but not boosted, and wish to enter Singapore (staying under 30 days): https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...er-for-30-days
Confused. How do I upload my vax status to tracetogether? I was approved for VTL which doesn't exist anymore. I can't activate tracetogether until I clear immigration.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:37 pm

Confused. How do I upload my vax status to tracetogether? I was approved for VTL which doesn't exist anymore. I can't activate tracetogether until I clear immigration.
I think you can upload vaccine certificates as part of the SG Arrival card. I guess it is also possible that the system already has your vaccine certificates from your approved VTP but I am not sure if that would be remembered as a VTP is no longer required.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 1:40 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Hmm, I wonder if I could upload my converted vaccine document into the SG system, as opposed to the bog roll-CDC version without the QR code ...
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by quant88
I think you can upload vaccine certificates as part of the SG Arrival card. I guess it is also possible that the system already has your vaccine certificates from your approved VTP but I am not sure if that would be remembered as a VTP is no longer required.
From my reading, you don’t need to upload the vax status with Arrival Card and can simply show the soft copy or hard copy on arrival. That gets you through immigration.

The text on Arrival Card online form says you do not need to upload vax certificate if you have been approved earlier under VTL. Presumably, they have this information tied to your passport number.

But it wouldn’t hurt to upload again I guess.

When you activate the app, it should download all the information they have tied to your identity/passport from wherever it was entered. SG seems to have a decent unified database.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.