Search

Entering Singapore with EU certificate

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue
Entering Singapore with EU certificate

Fellow FTers,

Trying to take advantage to the newly-created VTL, I applied for entry with my EU vaccination certificate which is supposed to be recognized for the travel lane.
However, it only contains one QR code that states the number of shots, the kind of vaccine used and the last injection date.

Singapore VTL application system requires 1 QR code per shot.

Did anyone manage to enter Singapore, be it with the former or newer rules, with the EU vaccination certificate?
As far as I know, stamped papers certificates that we get from the vaccination centers are considered worthless so I'm at a loss about the actual way to enter from Europe since the only officially recognized document is not enough.

Cheers,
maalloc

Summary of the current VTP application procedure for EU Travelers

When asked to upload your certificate
don't upload the whole A4 page. The VTP platform just expects a QR code so take a screenshot of it and upload it as-is.

When asked to upload 2 certificates and you only have one because you only have your EU vaccination certificate. You can't use the online system and need to submit your application by the contact form. See post #9 below for details.

If you have a given name that doesn't appear on your vaccination certificate: you have to contact the local authorities responsible for VTP applications. Contact form here.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by maalloc; Oct 14, 2021 at 4:46 am
Old Oct 13, 2021, 3:00 pm

You are not the first to run into this problem: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33637301-post2.html

That person says they're on it: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33641980-post279.html
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Thank you CyBeR , I missed the UK thread in my search.
Will upload this one when a result is found, as it's in the Singapore forum.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
Hi @maalloc I'll keep you updated on this thread once I have some news from Italian embassy / foreign affairs minister office.
Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AZ112
Hi @maalloc I'll keep you updated on this thread once I have some news from Italian embassy / foreign affairs minister office.
Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem
Yes, I'm pretty sure the EU VTL only works for Germans for now.
As we speak, various embassies in Singapore must be writing up a template response and bracing for a stream of mail
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Just got an answer from the Singapore Embassy in France.
They are fully aware of the problem. They are awaiting instructions from Singapore and are expecting more info "start of next week".

I'll keep you posted below, and update the first post for easier reading to other travelers.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Singapore's amazing efficiency shows even at their representative offices. I honestly never had faster and more efficient contacts with an embassy -- even with France's own foreign affairs offices. After my initial contact, they wrote to me 4x (!) today to keep me posted live of the requirement and processes evolution.

For EU travellers to Asia, there is also the lingering issue of middle names. In France, for instance, they don't appear on the vaccination certificate (not sure about other EU countries) even though the template says they do, which is as bad as it can get.
The embassy's response about this topic is not great, albeit direct: you got to plead your case to the VTP Helpline by contacting them directly there https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/contact-us.

Last edited by maalloc; Oct 14, 2021 at 5:42 am
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
For EU travellers to Asia, there is also the lingering issue of middle names. In France, for instance, they don't appear on the vaccination certificate (not sure about other EU countries) even though the template says they do, which is as bad as it can get.

My (Netherlands) code has my middle name in it.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 4:45 am
Original Poster

That was fast. Singapore decided today to accept single-QR-Code Certificates.
Because the system can't be updated immediately, all inquiries must be directed tohttps://go.gov.sg/sto-enquiry

Explain you can't use the online plateform because you only have one QR Code and provide:
- Your name
- Passport # and expiration date
- Birthdate
- Sex
- Cell phone number
- Email address
- Self-isolation place
- Planned date of arrival

Join the copy of your EU vaccination certificate as an attachment

Last edited by maalloc; Oct 14, 2021 at 5:40 am
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
So Is there no deadline for this issue fixing? I've still trouble to do the request automatically on website
Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AZ112
So Is there no deadline for this issue fixing? I've still trouble to do the request automatically on website
No news from them yet. Sent a few messages, got nothing back
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Update: just got another boilerplate message today, asking me to re-send all the information I sent in my first message 9 days ago.

ICA looks overwhelmed, don't trust their "We'll reply within 72h" and plan accordingly.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Final update: finally got the VTP from ICA 48h before boarding.

That was quite a wait. Had my hotel been refundable, I'd probably have given up and canceled the trip a week ago. Takeaway for EU travelers: do anticipate your VTP and contact ICA by the online form early.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:51 am
Ces

Today Singapore has updated the Qr requirements for EU travellers and finally we only have to send 1 QR code indicating the final dose (2/2)
maalloc, AZ112 and CyBeR like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:07 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by Ces
Today Singapore has updated the Qr requirements for EU travellers and finally we only have to send 1 QR code indicating the final dose (2/2)
Just some information I found on the Singapore Airlines website.

They now have a PDF document showing acceptable as well as non-acceptable forms of vaccine proof as well as examples.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...-singapore.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.