Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

The road to COVID-19 reopen starts

The road to COVID-19 reopen starts

Old Apr 29, 22, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Given what you said, I'm assuming they'll want me to open TT for verification?
TT would be the easiest way for you to prove vaccination, if you were spot checked in a restaurant/hawker center.

for Singaporeans, there was back & forth about how they can prove vaccination during spot checks. I don't see any full consenses about what's allowed (there are multiple ways for Singaporeans to pull up vaccination status from various govt websites)

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/c...bmpc/_/i5trxr7

Hence, unsure what happens if you try to pull up a SHC QR code instead of TT? If you want to be a safe guinea pig, install TT but provide SHC QR first if you are checked?
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 30, 22, 12:14 pm

I received the Track My QR code but the Vaccination Check Portal won't accept it, stating that the full name on the certificate does not match what's on the passport. As far as I can tell, everything is spelled correctly and I can't determine what the problem is. Can I just present my Track My QR code at check-in and arrival?
Old Oct 29, 22, 3:31 pm

Trace Together app

All visitors must also install and activate the TraceTogether app

Is this still required ? Several sites still reference this requirement. Do airlines ask for this at check-in ?

thanks
Old Oct 29, 22, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anc305 View Post

Is this still required ? Several sites still reference this requirement. Do airlines ask for this at check-in ?

thanks
i cant vouch for all airlines, or anything, but I can say that in June, inbound on Air Canada (check in) and ANA (connection desk/boarding last flight into SIN) and in July on SQ, no one asked about TraceTogether. I had it in case. Immigration didnt ask for it on both instances either. At the time, was not required everywhere anymore - I think it was still required to have in limited circumstances (large events/conferences, maybe?).
Old Oct 30, 22, 5:38 am

thanks
No longer needed. I'm living here in SIN and have already deleted this app.
kevino, allset2travel and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 30, 22, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I have come in and out of Singapore a number of times in the past two months, by ferry, car and plane and havent been asked to install it or had it checked at all. It was a requirement for admission to the F1, but the only enforcement was a few signs; nothing more.
kevino, allset2travel and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 7, 22, 9:53 am

Sg arrival card

Thanks to all for the tracking app. information.

My other questiion is the SG arrival card. Do you need it approved before you can get on the plane in the USA.? The requirements are as follows.
  • Submit your SG Arrival Card within three (3) days prior to the date of arrival in Singapore. For example, travellers arriving in Singapore on 30 Jun 2020, can only submit their declaration from 28 Jun 2020 onwards. This is to avoid unnecessary delays during immigration clearance
It also says it can take 1-2 business days to process. I leave on Dec.. 3 and arrive on Dec. 5 . Kind of hard to get it before I depart . Also when you fill it out it it asks for the name as in appears on your passport. Should it be entered Surname / Given Names or Given Names / Surname. I have ran into trouble with this before in less developed places. Thanks for any info.

Last edited by anc305; Nov 7, 22 at 6:40 pm
Old Nov 7, 22, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska
Thanks to all for the tracking app. information.

My other questiion is the SG arrival card. Do you need it approved before you can get on the plane in the USA.? The requirements are as follows.
  • Submit your SG Arrival Card within three (3) days prior to the date of arrival in Singapore. For example, travellers arriving in Singapore on 30 Jun 2020, can only submit their declaration from 28 Jun 2020 onwards. This is to avoid unnecessary delays during immigration clearance
It also says it can take 1-2 business days to process. I leave on Dec.. 3 and arrive on Dec. 5 . Kind of hard to get it before I depart . Also when you fill it out it it asks for the name as in appears on your passport. Should it be entered Surname / Given Names or Given Names / Surname. I have ran into trouble with this before in less developed places. Thanks for any info.

Dont leave it to the last minute. It is a must for immigration, not for check-in
Old Nov 7, 22, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
Dont leave it to the last minute. It is a must for immigration, not for check-in
How strict are they with this? For example, let's say I'm taking off on the 3rd, I'm likely to arrive on the 4th or 5th depending on route, airline and timing. If you're just outside the 72 hours, are they going to have any issues?
Old Nov 8, 22, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ View Post
How strict are they with this? For example, let's say I'm taking off on the 3rd, I'm likely to arrive on the 4th or 5th depending on route, airline and timing. If you're just outside the 72 hours, are they going to have any issues?
you need get it processed before immigration can process you or you will be stuck until it gets processed.

for locals, it is within minutes. I dont know about foreigners. It is up to your risk tolerance.
Old Nov 8, 22, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

thanks
Nope. I've been flying in and out of Singapore since April and can't recall a single time someone checked whether I have the app installed or not.
Old Nov 8, 22, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ View Post
IME, really, its within three days. Youre thinking about it too much.

if you are arriving on the 4th (lets say, Dec.), that date will become one you can select on the form as your arrival date three calendar days before that, ie, the 1st of Dec. So anytime on the 1st, you can select your arrival date on the site as either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I think based on SG time. Once the date is selectable on the form, you should be able to complete it.

IME, they are typically processed quickly. Ive only come in a couple of times, but both times, Ive received the confirmation that its been processed within minutes of submitting.
Old Nov 8, 22, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
IME, really, its within three days. Youre thinking about it too much.

if you are arriving on the 4th (lets say, Dec.), that date will become one you can select on the form as your arrival date three calendar days before that, ie, the 1st of Dec. So anytime on the 1st, you can select your arrival date on the site as either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I think based on SG time. Once the date is selectable on the form, you should be able to complete it.

IME, they are typically processed quickly. Ive only come in a couple of times, but both times, Ive received the confirmation that its been processed within minutes of submitting.
Maybe. Hoping to make an outing next year (assuming no sudden deadly disease or global thermal nuclear war happens) with my dad. But I REALLY do not like those public servants who are letter of the law people, but seem to be attracted to "border patrol". You don't see them too much in Asia, but I've hit my fair share and with my dad being elderly, would like everything to go as smooth as possible.

I probably won't worry about it until I can confirm a date. Too many things going on at work now to think more than a month or two out.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
My other questiion is the SG arrival card. Do you need it approved before you can get on the plane in the USA.?
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
IME, UA wanted to see the acknowledgement email that the declaration was submitted before issuing a boarding pass. YMMV
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econ View Post
IME, UA wanted to see the acknowledgement email that the declaration was submitted before issuing a boarding pass. YMMV
interesting. During the summer, flew in on ANA (last segment - started with Air Canada in SFO) and also on SQ - and neither asked for the immigration forms. While they do have to be completed online, I dont think there is a deadline to do it - so I dont think per the actual regs, you cant do it, say, onboard using wifi or even on arrival in the terminal before clearing immigration.

Search this Thread