Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

The road to COVID-19 reopen starts

The road to COVID-19 reopen starts

Old Dec 29, 21, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
This flight is now scheduled for departure at 10:10 AM local time.
Yes for the time being in order to abide by Korea rules. Looking at later in the year its back to midnight.
Old Dec 29, 21, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Beetles View Post
Yes for the time being in order to abide by Korea rules. Looking at later in the year its back to midnight.
So pre-COVID, if I wanted to go ATL-ICN-BKK, I could buy this ticket from Delta's website? Meaning I can have one ticket where DL flies the first segment and KE flies the second segment? Do you remember what economy pricing was like? I'm really interested in this fare now and will keep an eye out in the future!
Old Jan 1, 22, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Planning to fly from Singapore to Phuket and at the moment will need a PCR test before departure, what's my best option in Singapore please?
Old Jan 1, 22, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by strickers View Post
Planning to fly from Singapore to Phuket and at the moment will need a PCR test before departure, what's my best option in Singapore please?
Don't know about "best" but I booked one through Raffles using a US passport as ID: https://www.rafflesmedicalgroup.com/

Website says 24-36 hours; I had my result in 8-9 back in November.
Old Jan 1, 22, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
So pre-COVID, if I wanted to go ATL-ICN-BKK, I could buy this ticket from Delta's website? Meaning I can have one ticket where DL flies the first segment and KE flies the second segment? Do you remember what economy pricing was like? I'm really interested in this fare now and will keep an eye out in the future!

Yes you could. It would be DL flight numbers on both segments. Im not sure about Y pricing as I fly J on this route.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 1, 22, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beetles View Post
Yes you could. It would be DL flight numbers on both segments. Im not sure about Y pricing as I fly J on this route.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm definitely keeping this in mind for the future. How much were you paying to fly in J?

I tried searching for this flight from DL's website for late November, but I don't see it for departure from the PNW. I thought I could connect in ATL to fly to ICN and onwards.
Old Jan 1, 22, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally figured out the flight numbers. DL26 is ICN-ATL. DL27 is ATL-ICN. Something is wrong as I can't find DL26 on Google Flights in November 2022. Most people won't be interested in doing this, but I wouldn't mind flying from SEA-ATL-ICN-BKK if pricing is competitive.
Old Mar 15, 22, 7:33 am

Has anyone from Florida done Singapore's VTL? (Florida doesn't have vaccine QR codes and AFAIK they are banned.)

If yes, how did you do it without a vax QR code? (I was vax'd at a hospital and boosted at my primary care doc - both in Florida.)

Please - no political commentary. It is what it is.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 15, 22, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Global321 View Post
Has anyone from Florida done Singapore's VTL? (Florida doesn't have vaccine QR codes and AFAIK they are banned.)

If yes, how did you do it without a vax QR code? (I was vax'd at a hospital and boosted at my primary care doc - both in Florida.)
QR codes are no longer strictly required for those vaccinated in the US but the other methods of showing vaccination seem less convenient. https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/faq#vaxcert has the per country details. It is also quite possible that the VTL scheme will be scrapped next month with all vaccinated travelers allowed entry and then the proof of vaccination requirements could change again.
Global321 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 22, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.6MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire

Please - no political commentary. It is what it is.

Thanks for any advice.
I saw this on another thread, and it may help you:
For Americans applying for VTL, it appears that you can now verify your CDC vax card thru "TrackMy" (https://www.travelsingapore.us). This appears to be a Singaporean company that validates your vax by querying the database for your US state. In my case, I was able to validate all three doses in the Texas database despite the fact that obtaining proof myself with that authority would require a paper application and lengthy turn-around time. Doses were instantly verified, more or less (a few min tops). The service generates a QR code that is accepted by the VTL website. All in all, the process was smooth and a good use of US$25. I had tried to get my CDC card verified with a doctor's note as expressly permitted by VTL, but this was ignored by the VTL authorities. While the rumor is that VTL goes away on April 1, hopefully this can help someone.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by JNelson113 View Post
I saw this on another thread, and it may help you:
For Americans applying for VTL, it appears that you can now verify your CDC vax card thru "TrackMy" (https://www.travelsingapore.us). This appears to be a Singaporean company that validates your vax by querying the database for your US state. In my case, I was able to validate all three doses in the Texas database despite the fact that obtaining proof myself with that authority would require a paper application and lengthy turn-around time. Doses were instantly verified, more or less (a few min tops). The service generates a QR code that is accepted by the VTL website. All in all, the process was smooth and a good use of US$25. I had tried to get my CDC card verified with a doctor's note as expressly permitted by VTL, but this was ignored by the VTL authorities. While the rumor is that VTL goes away on April 1, hopefully this can help someone.
Thanks. For $25 I will give it a shot.
Old Mar 17, 22, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks. For $25 I will give it a shot.
This was my post from another thread - yes, worth it for me. I had my first two shots from grocery store and booster from pharmacy.

You might get a QR code from one of your vax authorities - I got one from the booster pharmacy.

The above service was able to validate the first two shots directly with the Texas vax database immediately.

They had to manually validate the third (probably because the pharmacy used the wrong name :/ ) - but accepted the QR code generated by the pharmacy's website (CVS).

I tried submitting the doctors note and it was ignored by SG VTL website. So this was a good use of $25 in the circumstnaces.
Global321 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 22, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/03/24/...-april-1-2022/

Looks like they're easing up the entry requirements on April 1st!
Old Mar 24, 22, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milesforhire View Post
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/03/24/...-april-1-2022/

Looks like they're easing up the entry requirements on April 1st!
For Americans, it looks like CDC cards will suffice - no need for SMART/QR codes. At least that's what the SG Safe Travel Office email I received today stated.
oopl likes this.
Old Mar 24, 22, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by marks88 View Post
This was my post from another thread - yes, worth it for me. I had my first two shots from grocery store and booster from pharmacy.

You might get a QR code from one of your vax authorities - I got one from the booster pharmacy.

The above service was able to validate the first two shots directly with the Texas vax database immediately.

They had to manually validate the third (probably because the pharmacy used the wrong name :/ ) - but accepted the QR code generated by the pharmacy's website (CVS).

I tried submitting the doctors note and it was ignored by SG VTL website. So this was a good use of $25 in the circumstnaces.
Originally Posted by marks88 View Post
For Americans, it looks like CDC cards will suffice - no need for SMART/QR codes. At least that's what the SG Safe Travel Office email I received today stated.
For what it is worth, I paid the $25. Super easy process and have my QR code. I would think the CDC card will be fine, but for $25 for the year, easy decision for piece of mind.

Search this Thread