The road to COVID-19 reopen starts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The road to COVID-19 reopen starts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
I've seen right now that we have to apply at least 7 days before the departure for the vaccinated corridor and the application is valid for 6 days from the insert date.
In my case, I know only 2/3 days before the departure that I've to go to SIN. It would be possible apply several times for the VTL - let's say, once a week - or there could be some issue?
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
The QR code will be the toughest part for us Americans. There was talk 2 months ago about Smart Health Card here in Massachusetts in 30 days but nothing since.
I do have QR from CVS but not sure if its the same thing as common travel pass. It says its from The Commons Project
washeelers747 likes this.

Last edited by CDKing; Oct 9, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by CDKing
The QR code will be the toughest part for us Americans.
For sure. Wouldn’t book VTL ticket to SIN till I know I have digital certificates with my name. I’m hopeful that apple iOS 15.1 can fix this issue (well, iPhone owners only ) also I think Singapore have plenty of restrictions right now. So maybe not bad idea to wait till restrictions rolls back.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:00 pm

The QR code will be the toughest part for us Americans. There was talk 2 months ago about Smart Health Card here in Massachusetts in 30 days but nothing since.
I do have QR from CVS but not sure if its the same thing as common travel pass. It says its from The Commons Project
https://www.commonhealth.org/smart-health-cards

says retail chain CVS qualifies. check if you can get the QR code directly from the common travel pass labeled "Smart Health Card "?
JNelson113 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by paperwastage
yes, SQ had sin-icn-Yvr (can't remember if they had nonstop as well)
Never. Singapore-Canada traffic was negligible. SQ could never make the route work w/o 5th freedom RoK-Canada.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Never. Singapore-Canada traffic was negligible. SQ could never make the route work w/o 5th freedom RoK-Canada.
I read that there was interest in SIN-YVR with a 787 pre-COVID. Obviously, nothing is going to happen anytime soon with the pandemic far from over.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:14 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
For VTL flights (from Germany) does one must book on the airline website (SQ or LH website) or can it be booked via any other website ? (for example can I book a VTL flight as a redemption on Aegean website ?)
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:30 am

What exactly is the challenge for Americans and the Smart Health Cards? I assumed it was as simple as registering for it. Is it difficult to get?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as long as this qualifies i'm good. it was generated scanning the QR code from CVS. Not having the exact same wording always makes me nervous.
I probably wont go till next year anyways so hopefully there will be some real world experiences before then

lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by jjangoo
What exactly is the challenge for Americans and the Smart Health Cards? I assumed it was as simple as registering for it. Is it difficult to get?
As mentioned earlier, not all usa states link to the smart health card system
https://www.commonhealth.org/smart-health-cards

The federal government has said that they won't mandate a system, so it's up to the states /local government (and local health providers) to choose which system they want
There are other competing systems too:
https://myirmobile.com/ (AZ, DC, MD, MI, WV,...)
https://docket.care/ (NJ, UT, MN)

If you compare to EU, each usa state is like France/Germany/Netherlands/.... They can have their own system. However, EU do have their 'federsl' linked system (EU DCC), And looks like every EU state is onboard with EU DCC (not to mention that some usa states ban vaccine passports entirely)

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...he-certificate
lsquare and jjangoo like this.

Last edited by paperwastage; Oct 10, 2021 at 8:48 am
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:36 am

as long as this qualifies i'm good. it was generated scanning the qr code from CVS. I probably wont go till next year anyways so hopefully there will be some real world experiences before then

The example on common health website, shows the individual dose, dates, and lot numbers. VTL requires those numbers (as well as dob or passport # plus name)
Old Oct 10, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
The example on common health website, shows the individual dose, dates, and lot numbers. VTL requires those numbers (as well as dob or passport # plus name)
The screenshot also show ID wasn't provided.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
The screenshot also show ID wasn't provided.
I didn't give the whole screenshot but doses, dates and lot numbers are present if i scroll down. The government ID sounds like it may a be a deal breaker, I did have to show id before getting the shot
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum Exec / UA Gold
How do the new Singapore COVID entry requirements work?

How do the VTL requirements for entry to SIN actually work? Understood that for a non-stop flight from the US you need to be on a "VTL" flight (SQ37), but what if I am in Bangkok for a week in December and then need to fly down to SIN on a US passport?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 11:52 am
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by lsquare
Apparently later this month, Singapore will be opening up to fully vaccinated Americans. You'll need to take a PCR test 48 hours before departure and at arrival. Hopefully, UA will now consider resuming its pre-COVID flight schedules to Singapore.

48 hour would be tough. You can get free PCR tests at Rite Aid and Walgreens around the Bay Area. But you may not get results in time to board your flight. May take a 2-3 days.

So you'd have to pay a private lab at an airport and that's $$$.

How much would it cost to get the PCR on arrival at SIN?

And what happens if it's positive? So do you hang out in a quarantine hotel until the arrival PCR results are out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.