Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Changi Airport to allow transit on preapproved airlines & routes from June 2

Old May 20, 2020, 12:36 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

As reported by The Straits Times, the airport will be gradually allowing transit passengers from June 2.

Stringent measures will also be implemented to make sure that transit passengers remain in designated facilities within the transit area and do not mix with other passengers at Changi Airport.

Airport staff interacting with passengers will have to don personal protective equipment, while existing precautionary measures will remain in force.
There is no comment as to what these measures are.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...rt-from-june-2
Old May 26, 2020, 1:35 pm

Can you transit with one carrier to another? It is awfully hard to transit on SQ, as they aren't flying anywhere. You would need a connection to someone else. Would say BR and SQ be allowable, or OZ and SQ?
Old May 26, 2020, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Can you transit with one carrier to another? It is awfully hard to transit on SQ, as they aren't flying anywhere. You would need a connection to someone else. Would say BR and SQ be allowable, or OZ and SQ?
If all flights are on one ticket will be OK.
If two separate ticket that would/could be considered the end of one ticket at SIN and the start of another ticket at SIN:- not a connection. If the first airline will allow to board on the basis of a separate ticket out of SIN will be be a matter of conjecture. Some airlines will not interline bags on separate tickets
Old May 26, 2020, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
If all flights are on one ticket will be OK.
If two separate ticket that would/could be considered the end of one ticket at SIN and the start of another ticket at SIN:- not a connection. If the first airline will allow to board on the basis of a separate ticket out of SIN will be be a matter of conjecture. Some airlines will not interline bags on separate tickets
Hmm, problem is SQ doesn't seem to be selling these connecting tickets onto BR. I know BR and SQ interline, but I guess you are saying it is risky if I have 2 separate tickets.
Old May 27, 2020, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Any insight or projection that foreigners can start entering into Singapore?
Old May 27, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
No information yet. I would not expect it in the next couple of months, judging by very cautious information coming from the government about the speed of opening anything else.
Old May 29, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Any insight or projection that foreigners can start entering into Singapore?
Based on ‘phased’ openining plan, then no early then at ‘Safe Nation, Phase 3’ - October/November.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:00 pm

per https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32446311-post52.html
(more pics of transit area in that that thread and here : https://milelion.com/2020/06/11/sing...hat-to-expect/

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=kataac8r

only passengers flying on singapore-air group outbound from australia can transit. (Australia via SIN to anywhere_on_SQ_network)
does not apply to passengers trying to fly XYZ-SIN-Australia
(SQ, silkair, scoot)
Old Jun 12, 2020, 11:36 am

Transit in Changi with Baggage claim

Hello:
I hope I am posting this in the correct forum. I have been trying to get a clear answer but have gotten 3 different answers from the Airline and from the inquiry section of Changi airport.

I am flying into Changi airport in Terminal 3. I will have to collect my bags and check in on a seperate airline in terminal 1. I am not leaving the airport only transitioning from one flight to another in different terminals. Do you know if I need to get the Approval Letter for Entry (ALE) from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)? My passport is visa free entry into Singapore for 30 days, if that matters.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
When are you hoping to fly? From where, and to where? Which airlines?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this a single ticket? If so, are you sure that luggage cannot be checked through?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Based on my informal research, you will need a ALE.

The problem is - I don't see how you can obtain an ALE.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:00 pm

If u are flying in the next few months, this self transit is not possible

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...-june-2-a.html

Later in the year/next year, depends on how fast Changi reopens for transit and what rules
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:24 am

It is two separate tickets on two different airlines. My flight into Changi arrives in Terminal 3, my flight leaving Changi leaves out of terminal 1. Flying on July 4th.
I have to collect my luggage and check in again.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
You will be denied boarding your flight to SIN under current policies.

Better find another route or wait until Singapore enters ‘Phase 3’ - no early Oct/Nov

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.