Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Arrive Changi--Transit hotel—Scoot. Is this possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrive Changi--Transit hotel—Scoot. Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Question Arrive Changi--Transit hotel—Scoot. Is this possible?

Flights to/from US are on separate tickets from the Scoot SIN-SUB. Looking at 14 hour layover at Changi arriving and 22 hour layover on return. Ambassador Transit hotel looks like a great idea BUT the hotel states we should not go through customs. We will need to collect luggage from United because it’s not ticketed through. Can we get luggage and get to Ambassador Transit hotel?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by MarTN
Flights to/from US are on separate tickets from the Scoot SIN-SUB. Looking at 14 hour layover at Changi arriving and 22 hour layover on return. Ambassador Transit hotel looks like a great idea BUT the hotel states we should not go through customs. We will need to collect luggage from United because it’s not ticketed through. Can we get luggage and get to Ambassador Transit hotel?
You can leave your luggage go to hotel, then a few hours before you next flight go through customs and get your bag to check in for Scoot. You will find your luggage will be stored and you can pick it up at the luggage office. It also used to be true that you could get your luggage and then re-enter the secure area by showing your boarding pass and transit hotel reservation - don't know if the process is still the same.
Another option is to stay at a cheap hotel nearby on your 22 hour layover.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. I’m surprised it is OK not to collect your luggage after arriving. Does it get put somewhere for a period of time? How does United know you are coming for it eventually?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:11 am

United doesn't care. Their baggage handling contractor (usually sats/dnata) would sweep up the bags after some time and put them in the unclaimed area. You will go there to reclaim your bag

that saying, have you looked at yotelair at publicside jewel? It's pretty cheap too

scoot allows early check-in anyways. As long as u have the appropriate visa and timing looks right, you can enter Singapore, pick up bags, early check-in, visit jewel , then enter airside again. Note that you can enter/exit immigration only once per leg, cannot do it twice on one leg

scoot
From 3 hrs to 18 hrs before departure Available from 0430hrs to 0130hrs at T2 Row 11 and 0600hrs to 2359hrs at Jewel ECI Lounge

Early Check-in | Changi Airport Singapore

Last edited by paperwastage; Jul 20, 2019 at 7:17 am
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:18 am

Also, United flies out of T2. Scoot is using T2, but will move to T1 in October

United does not have early check-in, only scoot does
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Thank you paperwastage. This is so helpful! On the return, it will be Scoot coming into Singapore. Will they also hold the unclaimed luggage? It will be close to 20 hours. Do they have a handler company just as United does? (We’ve heard their customer service can be difficult)
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:32 am

I believe scoot uses sats. I haven't left my bags longer than 2 hours, can't say whether i would recommend leaving it for 15+ hours

With 20 hours, I would really recommend going into Singapore and exploring . Look at yotel
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
I would exit the airside of Changi, and do something interesting. As mentioned, there is now a Yotel location in the new Jewel (shopping and eating). Jewel is quite lovely.
And, unless you are already overly familiar with Singapore, you could go into the city for your 22h layover on the return side. Again: Yotel on Orchard Road (near Shaw House) is very nice, good price, and good location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.