Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Marina Bay Sands Corporate Discount Codes

Old Jun 2, 19, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Hi,

are there any corp discount codes out there? Apologies if there is already a thread about this but I haven't it during my search.

Thx!
Old Jun 2, 19, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Nope. MBS doesn't offer discounts as they are often sold out, however they do have cheaper rates through tour operators (but you have to be on their tours, mostly from mainland china). Rates do vary considerably by date, useful if you have date flexibility.
Old Jun 2, 19, 6:47 pm

The only thing I have heard of is booking one rate and then getting an upgrade through knowing someone who works there.
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:25 am

Oh man, I thought there was one!
Old Jul 24, 19, 4:37 pm

Does anybody know why you can't book MBS through hotels.com? I can apparently book pretty much any other hotel in Singapore, but not the MBS. It all seems quite odd.
Looking on TripAdvisor, it's possible to book through agoda.com, booking.com and a few others, but not hotels.com or Expedia.
Old Jul 25, 19, 5:56 am
Original Member

Maybe they don't pay commission? MBS seems to be full any time I pass by (have only stayed there once when it first opened). The upper few floors are very nice, but even more expensive and hard to get. Now I stay at the Fullerton with a nice view of MBS instead.
Old Jul 31, 19, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by number_6 View Post
Maybe they don't pay commission? MBS seems to be full any time I pass by (have only stayed there once when it first opened). The upper few floors are very nice, but even more expensive and hard to get. Now I stay at the Fullerton with a nice view of MBS instead.
This seems to confirm what I've also heard. During a normal weekday about 3 (4 years) ago, I was told they regularly run at 95%+ capacity.

You stay at the Fullerton or the Fullerton Bay Hotel?
Old Aug 1, 19, 12:59 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post
....You stay at the Fullerton or the Fullerton Bay Hotel?
I stay at the Fullerton but beware as there are over 20 different room types due to the historic nature of the building ... almost every room is different. Huge difference between the best and worst rooms (somewhat reflected in their price). The Fullerton Bay is more modern and 6-star (vs. 5-star for Fullerton), most would rate it as the better hotel but I like the eccentric nature of the Fullerton. Both have stunning views of MBS -- the relevance to this thread. Lighthouse Bar at top of the Fullerton is a great spot for Singapore ambiance.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:24 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
I stayed at the MBS earlier this year.

It's an obnoxious hotel with even more obnoxious guests (excluding myself from this one):

-I stayed on the "non-smoking" floor, but naturally, due to certain expected guests (mainland Chinese), smoke did waft through the halls. I complained, but the staff who came to my room to inspect the smell said they only admonish the mainlanders, but don't do anything about the smoking ("they're high-rollers" was the excuse).

-The room was basic, with a view of the Gardens by the Bay.

-In order to access the pool/certain parts of the roof, you need a keycard, sometimes twice. Non-guests can pay to visit the observation deck, but not the selling point (i.e. the pool). Also, I recall having to switch elevators to get the roof. That was generally a scrum.

-The pool has two parts, one for all ages, and one that doesn't allow children.

-I tried one of the buffets (pictured); I think it was the one closest to Tower 2 check-in. Not bad, but uninspired crowd control.

-Yes, the entirety of MBS is a human zoo.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread