Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Transit from QR to TG

Transit from QR to TG

Old May 27, 19, 1:18 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VIE
Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold)
Posts: 53
Transit from QR to TG

Having landed from Doha on QR, I am planning to connect onwards to my BKK bound flight on TG (Transit time approx. 4-5h.)

Is there any TG Transit Desk where I can get the boarding pass?
Or am I supposed to go through immigration? While I have been to Singapore many times, I have never entered Singapore for only a few hours - just to check in and then basically leave Singapore.
Would that be a "big deal" for immigration?

My background: I'm a EU passport holder

Last edited by RCAQ01; May 27, 19 at 1:28 pm
RCAQ01 is offline  
Old May 27, 19, 4:00 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 533
I donít know about the transit desk. But regarding immigration, Iíve entered Singapore many times just to check in for my next fight on separate tickets and itís never been an issue. My shortest one was 15 minutes!
Merlinrnr is offline  
Old May 27, 19, 7:29 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
Posts: 1,636
Originally Posted by RCAQ01 View Post
Is there any TG Transit Desk where I can get the boarding pass?
TG should have a transit desk airside, but frankly speaking with a 4-5hr transit I would probably go landside anyway to go hang out in the city for a couple of hours. Or even just to go have a look at the fake manmade waterfall and forest at Jewel.
shuigao is offline  
Old May 27, 19, 11:59 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Star Alliance
Posts: 4,728
Originally Posted by shuigao View Post
TG should have a transit desk airside, but frankly speaking with a 4-5hr transit I would probably go landside anyway to go hang out in the city for a couple of hours. Or even just to go have a look at the fake manmade waterfall and forest at Jewel.
Agree on that - if you can get your ticket from transit desk, great, if not, just get out, get tickets and take grab/taxi to go somewhere for an hour or two. You can spend whole that time in Jewel, but it is just a mall with a big toilet flush bowl inside.
invisible is offline  
Old May 29, 19, 8:57 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Posts: 5,298
No need to go through immigration. On arrival, head directly for the transit desk in Terminal 1, which TG uses.
IluvSQ is online now  
Old May 29, 19, 9:59 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Star Alliance
Posts: 4,728
Originally Posted by IluvSQ View Post
No need to go through immigration. On arrival, head directly for the transit desk in Terminal 1, which TG uses.
Changi is great but spending 5 hours inside is not the best use of time in Singapore. Just my 2c.
invisible is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread