Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Departing Changi/First Class Check-in & visiting Jewel?

Old May 5, 19, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Need some help on making sure this makes sense as this will be my first time in SIngapore... I flying in Singapore Suites in a couple of months (SIN to JFK) and my late evening flight is departing from Terminal 3. I want to take advantage of the private check-in SQ offers, I also want to explore Jewel and some of the Terminal 3 attractions. I have plenty of time for transitions
Here is my plan in the following order:
  • Check in at SQ FC Private check in at Terminal 3, leave my carry-on bags at the airside Terminal 3 luggage storage
  • head over to Jewel to explore, come back to Terminal 3 to enjoy some time in the KrisFlyer Lounge/Private Room,
  • check out some of Terminal 3's attractions, pick up my bags and head over my gate.
Does this make the most sense? Are there any suggestions or tips for the smoothest/easiest transitions?

Thanks!
Old May 5, 19, 5:41 pm

Jewel stuff is all public side

Once you enter airside, you cannot return to public side

t3/2 is connected to Jewel via travellators - you can just roll the carryon or push a trolley to get there

There are luggage storage options in public side 2/3/Jewel , but it's not worth the cost/hassle

Once you enter airside and get the the private room, you can leave your carryon there, explore airside t1/2/3 and return back to tpr for your bags
Old May 5, 19, 10:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by Cat88L3 View Post
  • Check in at SQ FC Private check in at Terminal 3, leave my carry-on bags at the airside Terminal 3 luggage storage
  • head over to Jewel to explore,
Jewel is a mall with big toilet bowl water flushdown from the top. It is outside of terminals, closest is T1. You can enjoy your time there together with about couple of hundred thousand people at the same time, without having a chance taking a photo where at least several dozens of people will be on background. Sorry for a little bit sarcasm here.

In short - if you want to see Jewel, you need to do it before going airside - drop off your luggage and go there with your carry-on. DO NOT check in to go airside and come back, because it might be interpreted that you have no intention to fly and people got into serious troubles including jail time for doing this.
eagle215 likes this.
Old May 6, 19, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Jewel is a mall with big toilet bowl water flushdown from the top. It is outside of terminals, closest is T1. You can enjoy your time there together with about couple of hundred thousand people at the same time, without having a chance taking a photo where at least several dozens of people will be on background. Sorry for a little bit sarcasm here.
LOL

I think it's quite an interesting project to go to once but more than that ....
Old May 8, 19, 6:24 pm

mods please close the thread or merge it with the SQ forum one ....OP wants to keep it in the SQ forum

Search this Thread