Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

SIN Terminal 1 Meet & Greet

SIN Terminal 1 Meet & Greet

Old Apr 14, 19, 10:12 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: HNL
Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Posts: 5,285
SIN Terminal 1 Meet & Greet

Does anyone have a recommendation for a meet/greet service for Terminal 1 passengers? I'd like someone to meet at gate and bring us through immigration (fast track?) and baggage and onward to our transport to hotel.

Many thanks!
747FC is offline  
Old Apr 15, 19, 12:26 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a meet/greet service for Terminal 1 passengers? I'd like someone to meet at gate and bring us through immigration (fast track?) and baggage and onward to our transport to hotel.

Many thanks!
Jetquay provides this service for both arrivals and departures. I used it once or twice for departures out of curiosity because I had free access to it. I didn't really see the point for departures back then and I can't see much point for arrivals either.

Arrivals at Changi must be the easiest and most straightforward of any major international airport in the world. Immigration and bag handling are incredibly efficient and then you walk straight out and get a taxi, Uber or hotel car service pick up.

I am not even sure how Fast Track at immigration would work as there is no fast track lane (perhaps they use the APEC/Singapore resident line but that is not usually much faster than the regular tourist lanes).

Up to you but I'd save the money and spend it on practically anything else.
ajca is offline  
Old Apr 15, 19, 1:06 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: HNL
Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Posts: 5,285
Originally Posted by ajca View Post
Jetquay provides this service for both arrivals and departures. I used it once or twice for departures out of curiosity because I had free access to it. I didn't really see the point for departures back then and I can't see much point for arrivals either.

Arrivals at Changi must be the easiest and most straightforward of any major international airport in the world. Immigration and bag handling are incredibly efficient and then you walk straight out and get a taxi, Uber or hotel car service pick up.

I am not even sure how Fast Track at immigration would work as there is no fast track lane (perhaps they use the APEC/Singapore resident line but that is not usually much faster than the regular tourist lanes).

Up to you but I'd save the money and spend it on practically anything else.
Thanks for your kind reply.
747FC is offline  
Old Apr 15, 19, 2:27 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,538
Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a meet/greet service for Terminal 1 passengers? I'd like someone to meet at gate and bring us through immigration (fast track?) and baggage and onward to our transport to hotel.

Many thanks!
There isn't really such a thing as fast track in Singapore.

I'm not sure I would used Jetquay as it can be very expensive. It takes you to a private terminal which I don't think is worth it.

Changi offers Changi Meet & Greet - Changi Recommends which might be better value.
SQTraveller is online now  
Old Apr 15, 19, 2:32 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Star Alliance
Posts: 4,728
Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a meet/greet service for Terminal 1 passengers? I'd like someone to meet at gate and bring us through immigration (fast track?) and baggage and onward to our transport to hotel.

Many thanks!
Why? Medical reasons, someone does not speak a single word in English?
Unless three 380s are arriving at the same time (and for T1 it won't happen because 380s are coming to T3), waiting time on immigration is no more than 10 min max and by the time you clear immigration, your luggage is already on belt. You pick up luggage and then taxi time is max another 10 min or you can call Grab or Gojek.
invisible is offline  
Old Apr 15, 19, 2:33 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: HNL
Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Posts: 5,285
Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post
There isn't really such a thing as fast track in Singapore.

I'm not sure I would used Jetquay as it can be very expensive. It takes you to a private terminal which I don't think is worth it.

Changi offers Changi Meet & Greet - Changi Recommends which might be better value.
Thank you for the information!
747FC is offline  
Old Apr 15, 19, 2:36 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 7,535
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Why? Medical reasons, someone does not speak a single word in English?
Unless three 380s are arriving at the same time (and for T1 it won't happen because 380s are coming to T3), waiting time on immigration is no more than 10 min max and by the time you clear immigration, your luggage is already on belt. You pick up luggage and then taxi time is max another 10 min or you can call Grab or Gojek.
I had 30min wait at T1 immigration before, but yes, it's definitely rare. In rush hours in T2/T3 it can become up to 30min if you're unlucky, but no fast lane for foreigners / Non-PR even when flying in F.

Luggage is efficent, so I never really had to wait more than a few minutes even with fast immigration (at any three terminals)

And even without any English skills (or Chinese, Malay etc) Changi still is easy to navigate. Singapore even has a dedicated "Grab pickup" area (at least in T1 and T2, not sure about T3) which is signed. No need for taking a taxi - but then in most cases the MRT gets the job done, too
YuropFlyer is offline  
Old Apr 15, 19, 3:08 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: HNL
Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Posts: 5,285
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Why? Medical reasons, someone does not speak a single word in English?
Unless three 380s are arriving at the same time (and for T1 it won't happen because 380s are coming to T3), waiting time on immigration is no more than 10 min max and by the time you clear immigration, your luggage is already on belt. You pick up luggage and then taxi time is max another 10 min or you can call Grab or Gojek.
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
I had 30min wait at T1 immigration before, but yes, it's definitely rare. In rush hours in T2/T3 it can become up to 30min if you're unlucky, but no fast lane for foreigners / Non-PR even when flying in F.

Luggage is efficent, so I never really had to wait more than a few minutes even with fast immigration (at any three terminals)

And even without any English skills (or Chinese, Malay etc) Changi still is easy to navigate. Singapore even has a dedicated "Grab pickup" area (at least in T1 and T2, not sure about T3) which is signed. No need for taking a taxi - but then in most cases the MRT gets the job done, too

Thanks for the information!
747FC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread