Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore 3 Night Hotel Advice

Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-PM

Will be arriving into SIN around 2:00am, then departing 5:45am (51 hours later). Trying to figure out the best way to handle hotels since we have kind of odd times.

Option 1: 2 nights in town, 3rd at/near airport.
Option 2: 1st night at/near airport, 2nd-3rd in town
Option 3: I'm overthinking it and 3 nights in town will be easiest (do they do any discount since very late arrival/very early dept)

Also looking for some hotel advice. Any of the Marriott/SPG hotels are options, was looking at Regis/Ritz/Westin/JW (open to others).

Heard great things about the Fullerton. Any others I should consider, Raffles, Shangri-La, etc...

Thanks for the help!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:09 pm

any status with marriott bonvoy (plat ambassador = your24 = possibly request a 24-hour stay)

flying in/out on which destination/airline?

probably suggest to do two nights in town
early check-in if available for your airline(9pm airport) and book a room in the air-side transit hotel/lounges to maximize your sleep

Airport Attractions - Singapore Changi Airport

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Singapore.html

not a 5* hotel, but looks good
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Having arrived SIN several times after midnight for 3-5 day visits, I suggest spending your first six hours inside SIN airport at one of the transit hotels. One 5:45am departing flight is Delta to Tokyo, and it is not possible to check in for that flight until three hours prior to departure which means on departure day a transit hotel is not an option.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:28 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Word of caution about the Fullerton ... it is a historic building (old post office converted to hotel). Almost every room is different . Their are some stunning suites and rooms with unique features (eg 18 foot ceiling) but about half the rooms are very ordinary and poor for 5*. When you reserve there will be 20 different room categories, and they vary greatly! Its my favourite hotel in Singapore and even if you don't stay there be sure to have a drink in the Lighthouse rooftop bar.
MSPeconomist and clubeurope like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Marriott Bonvoy Gold, so that may not help much other than early check-in or late check out.

Coming in on 5J 803 from MNL so not super worried about jet lag other than the 1:45am arrival. Then we go out on DL to NRT at 5:45am. (So it looks like early check-in is not an option)

How does a transit hotel work if I have to collect bags, are they accessible post-baggage, but pre-Singapor entry?

Good to know about the Fullerton, we really enjoy those historic hotels so that character and uniqueness is what looked interesting to us.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
If money is not a problem, then I would just book for the 3 nights.
I often book a cheaper hotel for the first night( when I would not be getting any benefits anyway),
then switch to the good hotel for the rest of the stay under similar circumstances.
For example, in Bangkok, with a 3:00 AM arrival, I have booked the 4 Pts. for the first night,
then switch to the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit for the rest of the stay.
MSPeconomist and clubeurope like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by mills1090
Marriott Bonvoy Gold, so that may not help much other than early check-in or late check out.

Coming in on 5J 803 from MNL so not super worried about jet lag other than the 1:45am arrival. Then we go out on DL to NRT at 5:45am. (So it looks like early check-in is not an option)

How does a transit hotel work if I have to collect bags, are they accessible post-baggage, but pre-Singapor entry?

Good to know about the Fullerton, we really enjoy those historic hotels so that character and uniqueness is what looked interesting to us.
Your inbound Cebu Pacific operates at SIN T4 and there is no transit hotel in T4. I'm afraid I have no experience arriving at T4 which is quite different than T1/T2/T3. (DL operates from T1, by the way.) From what I've read, I don't think you would be permitted as an inbound passenger at T4 to access airside T1/T2/T3 where there is a transit hotel in each terminal.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:21 pm

as @mnbp mentioned, you're arriving at T4 which is not connected to the other T1-3 terminals physically.

if you were arriving at T1-3 (all 3 connected physically airside), you could always go into transit hotel (dont go through customs and dont pick up bags at conveyor. go through customs when you wake up and get your unclaimed bags at the lost&found counter)

there is a public side hotel at T3, but not worth it when you land or leave (free landside shuttle bus goes T4 to T2, then you have to walk to T3. could take a 5-minute cab ride). go directly to hotel and stay for 3 nights, checkout at 3am and go to airport.

for other people:
DL and UA do not offer early checkin at changi

MU (DL's partner/codeshare) and NH (UA's partner/codeshare) do offer early checkin from 6am-midnight. you have to fly on a flight operated by them though

Last edited by paperwastage; Mar 1, 2019 at 10:53 am
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by mnbp
Having arrived SIN several times after midnight for 3-5 day visits, I suggest spending your first six hours inside SIN airport at one of the transit hotels. One 5:45am departing flight is Delta to Tokyo, and it is not possible to check in for that flight until three hours prior to departure which means on departure day a transit hotel is not an option.
The Landslide transit hotel is certainly an option for early departure that you cannot check in to get BP for airside access.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Option 3: I'm overthinking it and 3 nights in town will be easiest (do they do any discount since very late arrival/very early dept)
I think it would be very very rare for an SG hotel to give you a discount for late arrival / early departure.
Anyway I concur with @IluvSQ ... if money wasn't a problem I would just do all 3 nights at a hotel even if that means the 1st and 3rd nights aren't fully utilised, to reduce packing/unpacking and time wasted in check-in/check-out.
clubeurope and glennaa11 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:02 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
...Good to know about the Fullerton, we really enjoy those historic hotels so that character and uniqueness is what looked interesting to us.
Some of the rooms/suites at Fulllerton are stunning in terms of character and ambiance, you can't find better anywhere in Europe or US. They tend to be the more expensive but not always. There is an excellent floor plan buried somewhere in the Fullerton hotel web site, which is 100% accurate for the very complex room layouts. The top 2 floors have some very funky accomodation but almost anything facing the bay is good.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:02 pm

I think the Fullerton Bay is a better hotel as it actually sits on Marina Bay.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Fullerton Bay is one of the most expensive hotels in Singapore though. what is your budget for 3 nights?

I personally would check for any of these, that is cheapest for these dates: Conrad/Pan Pacific/Swissotel/Intercontinental at Middle Road/Fullerton/Marriott Beach Road/Andaz/Westin/. If you get 250SGD++ or less, its a good price. All these have good location on Marina Bay or close. Comfortable big rooms, although as told, YMMV with Fullerton. Marriott Gold doesnt give you almost anything these days, especially in Singapore, where all hotels are stingy with upgrades.

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I think the Fullerton Bay is a better hotel as it actually sits on Marina Bay.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Budget is around 275 SGD/night, basically all those you list are in play for my dates. We were considering the St Regis & JW Marriott as well as those others.

Seems that Fullerton Bay is considerably more... Currently investigating Fullerton and the floor plans.

Overall it looks like we are just going to do 3 nights at whichever hotel we choose. I assume with our late/early hours the best way to get to/from Changi is via Taxi?

Thanks for everyone's help so far!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
It's about 30 minutes (less at your hours) from Changi to the JW. I like the location of the JW, but the rooms are tiny. I don't think you save that much by staying near the airport in terms of getting up a bit later. The JW is also fairly cheap. BUT, I tried to reserve a taxi at the JW and they wanted 60S$ when I had paid about 20 on the way in. The Conrad which is nearby, but in SunTec was able to reserve a taxi for the meter plus a fee for booking and whatever the late night fee is. (Different stay). I"m Hilton Diamond, so since Marriott Gold has gone to sh*t, I'm staying only at Hiltons. Price is about the same.

I usually have dinner at Cut in the Marina Bay complex one night. I love steak.

Both the Conrad and the JW are on the MRT so getting around is easy.

Stay in town for all three nights.
clubeurope likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.