Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore 3 Night Hotel Advice

Singapore 3 Night Hotel Advice

Old Mar 11, 19, 6:26 pm

275 SGD will just about be enough for the "kind of good" 5* chain hotels, not the very "famous" ones. SIN is expensive, and on your schedule, I'd indeed squeeze a cheap night (or two) in, and then possibly one "expensive" place in the middle where you could "maximize".

On arrival, a reasonable hotel somewhere near EXPO (that's near Changi) - quite some good bargains there to be found. Park Avenue Changi, Capri by Fraser. Both decent choices for a late evening arrival, and both way below your budget.

Second night (ie, about 12am onwards, I suppose you'll sleep pretty long on arrival day) go splurge into a nice place somewhere downtown, preferable near MRT station or/and walkable. Plenty of 4*S and 5* hotels in the area. Question is now, as you say, 1 or 2 nights there, since on departure day your departure time would mean getting up in the middle of the night. And otherwise it's just one night there..

Personally I'd probably - with just tiny amount of luggage and a short stay - pick more of a boutique hotel downtown and invest the saved money into food (and a bit of beer - Singapore isn't cheap lah!) - that would basically allow you to stay 3 nights at the same hotel without breaking the bank.

I think 5* chain hotels in Singapore are offering pretty bad "bang for your buck" when on a short city trip and the location is important, not how big your room is, unless you want to get drunk on the happy hour and get access to it through status..

But since you insist on your OP that is must be a chain hotel, I won't dish out recommondations.
Old Mar 14, 19, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-PM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
275 SGD will just about be enough for the "kind of good" 5* chain hotels, not the very "famous" ones. SIN is expensive, and on your schedule, I'd indeed squeeze a cheap night (or two) in, and then possibly one "expensive" place in the middle where you could "maximize".

On arrival, a reasonable hotel somewhere near EXPO (that's near Changi) - quite some good bargains there to be found. Park Avenue Changi, Capri by Fraser. Both decent choices for a late evening arrival, and both way below your budget.

Second night (ie, about 12am onwards, I suppose you'll sleep pretty long on arrival day) go splurge into a nice place somewhere downtown, preferable near MRT station or/and walkable. Plenty of 4*S and 5* hotels in the area. Question is now, as you say, 1 or 2 nights there, since on departure day your departure time would mean getting up in the middle of the night. And otherwise it's just one night there..

Personally I'd probably - with just tiny amount of luggage and a short stay - pick more of a boutique hotel downtown and invest the saved money into food (and a bit of beer - Singapore isn't cheap lah!) - that would basically allow you to stay 3 nights at the same hotel without breaking the bank.

I think 5* chain hotels in Singapore are offering pretty bad "bang for your buck" when on a short city trip and the location is important, not how big your room is, unless you want to get drunk on the happy hour and get access to it through status..

But since you insist on your OP that is must be a chain hotel, I won't dish out recommondations.
Unfortunately, we don't have tiny amount of luggage on this trip, we will be coming off 2 weeks in the Philippines. Since we will be pretty much roughing it I wanted to stay somewhere on the nicer side in Singapore. I am certainly open to boutique recommendations as it appears Marriott Gold won't do anything (was suspecting that, but have had pretty good luck in China/Thailand in the past). I am leaning though to sticking to one hotel for the 3 nights just to not have to worry about switching things up or moving around as much.
Old Mar 15, 19, 3:23 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Having arrived SIN several times after midnight for 3-5 day visits, I suggest spending your first six hours inside SIN airport at one of the transit hotels.
I have also done that numerous times.

But lately on Singapore travel forums locals are saying it's against the rule to be air side without the intention of travel (in possession of a departing boarding pass). The risks are

- air side transit hotel will not let you book / check-in
- police enforcement (my observation/interpretation: usually racial profiling in play here... , if you look like someone from certain neighbouring countries)

There is a land side lounge with nap rooms
Old Mar 18, 19, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by beep88 View Post
I have also done that numerous times.

But lately on Singapore travel forums locals are saying it's against the rule to be air side without the intention of travel (in possession of a departing boarding pass). The risks are

- air side transit hotel will not let you book / check-in
- police enforcement (my observation/interpretation: usually racial profiling in play here... , if you look like someone from certain neighbouring countries)

There is a land side lounge with nap rooms

This is true, but this appears to have been targeted at Singapore based travellers who go into the airside area (for example see their K Pop idol or getting duty free) and then exit.

I would imagine they would be less worried about genuine travellers who just want a quick snooze in the hotel... though I could be proved wrong.