Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott or Grand Hyatt

Old Nov 30, 18, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat

I'm torn between these two hotels. I think the JW is closer to a lot of stuff that I will be doing; however, it isn't like the Hyatt is so far away (20-25 mins by car or MRT). I can get a good discount at the Hyatt which brings the room total to about $100 less for three nights stay. I have elite status with both, but feel the view from the JW would be better (if given an upgraded room). A good lounge would be nice...especially evening drinks (assuming they serve alcohol, I don't drink wine or beer). Anybody give their opinion if they have stayed at both and their thoughts? Advantages/disadvantages? Thank you.
Old Dec 7, 18, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21 View Post
I'm torn between these two hotels. I think the JW is closer to a lot of stuff that I will be doing; however, it isn't like the Hyatt is so far away (20-25 mins by car or MRT). I can get a good discount at the Hyatt which brings the room total to about $100 less for three nights stay. I have elite status with both, but feel the view from the JW would be better (if given an upgraded room). A good lounge would be nice...especially evening drinks (assuming they serve alcohol, I don't drink wine or beer). Anybody give their opinion if they have stayed at both and their thoughts? Advantages/disadvantages? Thank you.
Haven't stayed at either but location is not an issue as Singapore is a small country. This sounds like it boils down to personal preference. If you want to walk around Marina Bay (including the hotel and the gardens by the bay) i would plump for JW Marriott. Also, simply because of proximity of MRT - there are a number of different lines nearby - Circle, Downtown, East-West and North-South, I would choose JW.
Old Jan 2, 19, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post
Haven't stayed at either but location is not an issue as Singapore is a small country. This sounds like it boils down to personal preference. If you want to walk around Marina Bay (including the hotel and the gardens by the bay) i would plump for JW Marriott. Also, simply because of proximity of MRT - there are a number of different lines nearby - Circle, Downtown, East-West and North-South, I would choose JW.
Thank you for the info...In the end, I stayed at the Hyatt. With the MRT pretty close, it was real easy to get to and from the main places I wanted to get to, but it did seem like every time I wanted to go out and see something, I had to take a ride somewhere as opposed to walking (which, with the heat, isn't a bad thing). While I wasn't disappointed I think I agree that JW would have been better as it was closer to all the stuff I really did.
Old Jan 3, 19, 3:15 am

Yeah the humidity sucks really bad. Even short walks resulted in sweating and nastiness.
I've stayed at JW Marriott and it's close proximity to everything was awesome.
Esplanade MRT station is around the corner and also Suntec City shopping mall.
Old Jan 23, 19, 8:48 am

actually grand Hyatt has better location

Search this Thread