Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Lounge Best Option

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Hotel Lounge Best Option

Staying in Singapore in the new year and trying to work out which hotel to stay in. We love making use of a club lounge at the end of the day. With 2 young kids I am aware that many lounges have restrictions regarding children so we are trying to find which hotel is best suited to this trip.

Great views are a bonus but kids being allowed is most important. Happy to work with some restrictions like JW Marriott that allow kids up until 7pm.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by ADL2018
Staying in Singapore in the new year and trying to work out which hotel to stay in. We love making use of a club lounge at the end of the day. With 2 young kids I am aware that many lounges have restrictions regarding children so we are trying to find which hotel is best suited to this trip.

Great views are a bonus but kids being allowed is most important. Happy to work with some restrictions like JW Marriott that allow kids up until 7pm.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I also think it depends where you want to be based. For example, the Shangri-La is nice, but it's not so convenient to public transport (though there is a shuttle to takashimaya)
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply. The Shangri-La was on the early list but availability wasn't great at the time we needed. In other cities like Shanghai and Hong Kong we rely on public transport a lot so that is a big one for us. Probably making it hard for myself for overpriced lounge access but it is always just an easy way to finish an afternoon, I'm sure there is cheaper ways to do things but holidays have to be easy with a young family.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:31 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. The Shangri-La was on the early list but availability wasn't great at the time we needed. In other cities like Shanghai and Hong Kong we rely on public transport a lot so that is a big one for us. Probably making it hard for myself for overpriced lounge access but it is always just an easy way to finish an afternoon, I'm sure there is cheaper ways to do things but holidays have to be easy with a young family.
There are a number of nice hotels around the Marina Bay Area - Marina Mandarin, Ritz Carlton, Conrad which are all very close to public transport.

Alternatively you can stay at the Marina Bay Sands, Fullerton Hotel, or Fullerton Bay Hotel - which I think are more expensive, but still reasonably close to MRT stations
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:49 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Staying in Singapore in the new year and trying to work out which hotel to stay in. We love making use of a club lounge at the end of the day. With 2 young kids I am aware that many lounges have restrictions regarding children so we are trying to find which hotel is best suited to this trip.....
Conrad has 2 lounges; the kid-friendly lounge is on the 4th floor by the pool, also used for status based access, while the club lounge is on the top floor. Same amenities except only the upstairs lounge serves champagne. I;m not aware of any other hotel in Singapore having 2 separate lounges (they originally had only the top floor lounge but built second lounge when renovating the hotel and kept it to accomodate status based lounge access).

Otherwise I like the Fullerton hotel, which seemed to allow kids into the lounge at any time as long as they are well behaved; be aware that this hotel has 30 different room types, due to being a conversion of a historic building (post office) and there are huge variations from one room to another. Some really great rooms/suites and some crummy ones. It is about 200m walk to MRT station (mostly indoors so not too bad), and a great location on the river.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I have no basis for comparison but we stayed at the Oasia Downtown in Dec 2016 and LOVED it. The hotel was new April 2016. The club lounge is on a pool level (separate pool just for club floor residents) We loved the breakfasts, coffee machine, afternoon cocktails & appetizers. Reasonably priced (in comparison to many we checked out) and we found the location great. We were in town for 6 days prior to a cruise - mostly vacation though I was able to do a little work as well.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:27 pm

Where did you decide to book in the end?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.