Search

A few Changi Airport questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
A few Changi Airport questions

Hi

If I’m flying out late tomorrow night from Changi terminal 3; how practical would it be to use either the BA, QF or CX (First Class) lounge in T1 and which of those would you recommend?

I’m on QR and don’t fancy the sound of the SATS premium lounge that they suggest.

Is if feasible, time aside, to get from T1 to T3, I mean are they joined or totally separate?

Any thoughts on using the swimming pool at T1 Changi? Is that after security?

Many thanks for your thoughts.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
It's a bit of a walk (although I think the monorail does run airside too) but it's doable. T1, T2 and T3 are all connected airside in a 'U' configuration. Now that CX are flying from T4, which is not connected airside, I'm not sure what's happened to the CX lounges in T1.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Map of Changi Airport! As above T1, T2 and T3 are all connected. You can walk or take the air train to get between them.

Security at Changi in T1, T2 and T3 is all done at the gate. The barrier between groundside and airside is immigration.

I have not been to the swimming pool in T1.

In terms of which lounge to go to I don't think CX will be possible any more as they have moved to T4. Between BA and QF it's very much personal preference. The good news is they are right next to each other. If you want a proper feed then QF is better as they have proper dining in there, if you like a can of Guinness and other self serve alcohol as well as usually being a bit quieter then the BA lounge is the best bet.

Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:07 am

CX never had a lounge - they used DNATA

The SATs lounge isn't bad, especially if you've just got a short while. Otherwise it's pretty doable to use the QF or BA lounge (why not both...they are next to eachother) but note that they'll close once the operating carrier flights have left around 11pm (if you are on the 2am flight)

As an aside QR are moving to T1 on the 28th October - their 9.20pm flight actually slots in nicely to be able to use the BA lounge at a quieter time, will be closed for the other two so presumably they'll use a contract lounge officially though
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You can get to T4 airside fairly easily, there's a bus as shown on the diagram above and usual transit security - they give you a sticker that allows you back into T1 etc and as not many people do it, the transit security isn't too bad. You don't need a BP for the terminal you're visiting.

I've never tried to get into the CX lounge though, the BA one is OK in my experience. In fact I've only even done the T4-T1 route, and that was when flying Air Asia and we wanted to get to the childrens' play area during a 3 hour layover.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
I landed from SIN this morning, you might want to be a bit cautious returning to T3 late on and if you do to leave plenty of time. There were signs up in T2 stating the transit to T3 was closing for maintenance around 10-10:30pm, and passengers needed to use a bus transfer via one of the gates instead.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
You can get to T4 airside fairly easily, there's a bus as shown on the diagram above and usual transit security - they give you a sticker that allows you back into T1 etc and as not many people do it, the transit security isn't too bad. You don't need a BP for the terminal you're visiting.

I've never tried to get into the CX lounge though, the BA one is OK in my experience. In fact I've only even done the T4-T1 route, and that was when flying Air Asia and we wanted to get to the childrens' play area during a 3 hour layover.
It's a journey I've done in reverse and they just make sure you have enough time before your departing flight.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by dakaix
I landed from SIN this morning, you might want to be a bit cautious returning to T3 late on and if you do to leave plenty of time. There were signs up in T2 stating the transit to T3 was closing for maintenance around 10-10:30pm, and passengers needed to use a bus transfer via one of the gates instead.
Skytrain is closed for maintenance works from 01:00 to 05:00 up to 8 November.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The swimming pool is airside but unfortunately it hasn't been open 24/7 in a while. IIRC it closes around 10-11 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.