FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Bottled water for SIN-LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1917388-bottled-water-sin-lhr.html)

2358 Jul 1, 2018 1:11 am

Bottled water for SIN-LHR

I recall that flying SIN-LHR, security screening is done at the gate, so no liquids bought in the airport can be taken on the plane. I am travelling with someone who drinks a lot of water and for health reasons will only drink bottled water (dares not risk the water that has been stored in the plane!) Are there any options where we can acquire bottled water for the flight? (above the single bottle handed out on some flights)?

thanks for help/advice!

corporate-wage-slave Jul 1, 2018 1:14 am

I may be getting mixed up with KUL, but are there not not water fountains after gate security in SIN? I'd imagine SIN's tap water is maintained to a very high standard. I'm also almost certain there are vending machines there too.

NWIFlyer Jul 1, 2018 1:17 am

As this relates more to facilities and processes at Changi Airport rather than onboard any plane, we’ll move this to our destination forum where there’ll be wider expertise.

/mod

Swanhunter Jul 1, 2018 1:18 am

There are water fountains in the gate area

nufnuf77 Jul 1, 2018 1:26 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29925164)
I may be getting mixed up with KUL, but are there not not water fountains after gate security in SIN? I'd imagine SIN's tap water is maintained to a very high standard. I'm also almost certain there are vending machines there too.

There are at each gate if I recall correctly. The question is whether OP would take water from this kind of fountain which in my experience is very safe.

colinscanner Jul 1, 2018 1:40 am

Can confirm there are water fountains after security in most of if not all gates; can also confirm there aren't vending machines post-security within gates

sammyg901 Jul 1, 2018 1:44 am

A couple of years ago the 7-Eleven in T1 would sell drinks into a "LAG" bag you could take onboard - but I don't think they do this anymore sadly

There will indeed be a fountain before boarding where you can fill with perfectly safe chilled water - this is what I do.

SirJman Jul 12, 2018 4:29 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901 (Post 29925197)
A couple of years ago the 7-Eleven in T1 would sell drinks into a "LAG" bag you could take onboard - but I don't think they do this anymore sadly

There will indeed be a fountain before boarding where you can fill with perfectly safe chilled water - this is what I do.

Watsons/Guardian will though, and it's often much cheaper than 7-11.

SQTraveller Nov 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Water fountains in the gate, and I drink from there all the time. I have filled on numerous occasions and haven't had any issues (knock on wood)