FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Transit time / procedure on two separate tickets for Changi (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1905943-transit-time-procedure-two-separate-tickets-changi.html)

alexcad Apr 25, 2018 1:51 am

Transit time / procedure on two separate tickets for Changi

Dear colleagues,

I need your help with the following situation:

- two tickets have been purchased:

Ticket 1. IST - SIN - Turkish Airlines - landing at 17:50 in T1;

Ticket 2. SIN - BNE - Qantas - leaving at 20:40 from T1;

In your opinion is it ok for transit in the same terminal?

Do I need to go through customs if I manage to do my check in - the site of Changi is not really cleat for me - from the information mentioned on the transit page of Changi I may be eligible for this If you have your boarding pass, but your checked-in bags are only sent to Changi.

I am able to enter Singapore without a visa taking into consideration my citizenship.

If I do go through customs is it enough time to check in and catch the Qantas flight?

I read somewhere that there is a possibility to not go through customs and go directly to transit offices and my bags would be checked in to the final destination.

Thank you for your information!

UAPremExecflyer Apr 25, 2018 6:42 am

You will have to pick up your luggage in SIN.
TK will not interline your baggage on separate itineraries. And QF also will not interline on the return.
Assuming your TK flight is on-time, you will have enough time to clear immigration and collect your bags ... enter Singapore and take them to QF for re-checking to BNE ... and then go back through security into the departures area.

alexcad Apr 25, 2018 6:45 am

Thanks for the info.

LondonElite Apr 25, 2018 6:49 am

You will have to clear immigration in order to collect your bags which, as you've been told above, won't be checked through on Qantas and v/v. Whilst the timings are ok if everything is on time, and Changi is a very efficient airport, you should understand that a significant delay or cancellation of your TK service that leads to you not checking in on time for the QF flight will result in you being declared a no-show and having that entire ticket cancelled. If you wish to travel to BNE you will likely have to buy a new ticket, unless OF takes pity on you and accommodates you on a later flight.

alexcad Apr 25, 2018 7:01 am

I understand and from looking on flightradar and other tracking websites there is a small possibility that something will happen with the TK flight.

alexcad Apr 25, 2018 7:03 am

I will probably reschedule my SIN - BNE the next day in order to be sure that everything is going to be ok. I am not in a situation when being stuck in SIN would help.

Thank you again for the info provided.

LondonElite Apr 25, 2018 7:31 am

Originally Posted by alexcad (Post 29681726)
I understand and from looking on flightradar and other tracking websites there is a small possibility that something will happen with the TK flight.

Yesterday doesn't tell you about tomorrow. Your aircraft could go tech, for example.

Originally Posted by alexcad (Post 29681729)
I will probably reschedule my SIN - BNE the next day in order to be sure that everything is going to be ok. I am not in a situation when being stuck in SIN would help.

I think that's a smart idea. It's also good for the body to have a break in between. Singapore is a nice place to chill out (or warm up) for a day.

IluvSQ Apr 25, 2018 7:47 am

Originally Posted by alexcad (Post 29681729)

Why not just get both flights on one ticket? Then, bags will be checked through and no need for you to pass through immigration/customs.

LondonElite Apr 25, 2018 8:14 am

Question:

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 29681866)
Why not just get both flights on one ticket?

Answer:

Originally Posted by alexcad (Post 29681065)
- two tickets have been purchased:

Ticket 1. IST - SIN - Turkish Airlines - landing at 17:50 in T1;

Ticket 2. SIN - BNE - Qantas - leaving at 20:40 from T1;

<snip>

;)

alexcad Apr 25, 2018 10:23 am

Just an update with an official written response for Changi

As you will be travelling from one Full Service Carrier (Turkish Airlines) to another (Qantas), you can just proceed to Qantas' Transfer desk at your departing terminal to obtain your next journey's boarding pass without having to clear immigration.
If you have any checked bags, do inform the staffs at the transfer desk so that they can arrange to transfer your bags to your onward flight. This service is available even if you are on 2 separate tickets.
Kindly take note that this facilitation is only available for passengers travelling from one Full Service Carrier to another, and is not available for those who are connecting via Low Cost Carriers (e.g AirAsia, Scoot, Jetstar, etc.).
I hope that the information provided clarifies your enquiry. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Hope it helps other people.

LondonElite Apr 25, 2018 2:21 pm

Good information! Thanks for updating.

ladyjess Apr 27, 2018 4:06 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 29683345)
Good information! Thanks for updating.

I too have a similar concern.
I am arriving Changi T2 on ANA (StarAlliance) at 6.40am
and going on SilkAir to BKI at 8.45am on a separate ticket., presumably also T2.
Are both airlines considered full service carriers? I am afraid I do not have enough time to do the whole custom and immigration if I have to collect my bag and recheck it in.

thanks for your help.

alexcad Apr 27, 2018 4:21 am

Originally Posted by ladyjess (Post 29689130)
and going on SilkAir to BKI at 8.45am on a separate ticket., presumably also T2.
Are both airlines considered full service carriers? I am afraid I do not have enough time to do the whole custom and immigration if I have to collect my bag and recheck it in.

thanks for your help.

Wikipedia says that Silk Air is a full service airline so it should be ok.
Best!

ladyjess Apr 27, 2018 5:32 am

thanks; feel better now.

beep88 Apr 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by ladyjess (Post 29689130)

thanks for your help.

Use the air side transfer desk. It works. Extremely well.