Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

2 hour transit time through SIN connecting 3K to MH

Old Mar 29, 18, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Hi y'all,

I'm wondering if the following 2 hour connection time is sufficient - arrive on 3K at 17:10 from DPS, connect on to MH at 19:15 to KUL. It seems MCT at SIN is 1 hour, and based on previous threads the above connection should be feasible, but I'm wondering if there's any advice one way or the other. I'm guessing I'd have to clear security/immigration again, as I don't think 3K has transfer services included in the flight (though maybe this is only required for the MH flight?).

EDIT - should note that I won't have checked luggage, only a roller and a backpack

Any advice would be great. Thank you!

Last edited by radumbo; Mar 29, 18 at 8:30 am
Old Mar 29, 18, 8:51 am

Programs: IHG, SPG, Hyatt, AS, AC, BA, AA, VS
should be plenty of time. immigration shouldn't take long to get through. Looks like it is a T1 to T2 transfer so you won't have too far to go.
Old Mar 29, 18, 11:42 am

I might be wrong, but I thought 3k will land on T1 and one can easily take skytrain to T2 (where MH normally parks).
Usually you only need to clear immi if one of your plane is in T4.

2hrs should be enough time as changi is pretty well organised and transferring isn't complicated.
Old Mar 29, 18, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
That's an easy transfer, and with no checked bags: no worries. You won't even pass through immigration. Just stay on the 'airside'. You will be re-screened for security at the gate.
Old Apr 10, 18, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone! I ended up not finding space on the flights for this, but good to know it's a very feasible connection for the future!
Old Apr 11, 18, 6:47 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
Immigration? What immigration? Even if your flight leaves out of T4, you just take the shuttle from T2. Where do you have to go through immigration?

Search this Thread