Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Centric Gifting Ideas

Old Mar 11, 18, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jet Privilege - Silver, IHG - Spire, HH - Diamond & a wallet full of other cards

Looking at a gift for a newly wed couple who live and work in Singapore. Was thinking of a travel voucher from Jetstar as they could use it for travel in the region, only hitch being itís valid for 6 months. Was also contemplating a gift voucher from Marina Bay Sands, but they donít offer any ready to buy certificates online. They do offer a Room Night Gift certificate, but that's pretty steep.

Am open to any other gifting ideas

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 12, 18, 1:55 am

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
Gift Certificate for Tangs (department store on Orchard Road). I don't know if available on line, however.

Dinner for two at the Straits Kitchen at Grand Hyatt Hotel on Scotts Road. In my opinion, the finest buffet in Singapore.. All sorts of SE Asian cuisine. Quite amazing. As I recall, it's about $50 USD per person without alcohol.
Old Mar 12, 18, 10:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Trust me, the best gift option, especially for newly weds, is two season/yearly passes on Singapore Cable Car. It is $35 per person with unlimited rides, plus each pass holder can buy tickets for 50% discount for up to six guests.
Material possessions matter less in 21st century, even in Singapore, experience - does. Above option offers one of the best ROI.

On thing is that the season pass is valid only for local residents and they need to present their FIN/NRIC to get these passes. You can check at Harbourfront station if you can buy gift certificate which they can exchange to the season pass but if not, just go there with them, buy passes on spot and all three of you can enjoy the ride there.
tvhead likes this.

Search this Thread