Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Mileage run overnight with good wifi, near mrt

Old Mar 9, 18, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Gold

Taking advantage of the recent cheap United fare, I'll be arriving at SIN on UA at 645am on a Saturday, and looking to drop my carry on at a hotel convenient to the MRT where I can check in later and then hoping to dine with some type of view with the laptop plugged in monitoring something for work via good Wifi (maybe at a nearby restaurant - very open to cuisine). The next day I would hope to store my carry on at the hotel after check out so I can sightsee, then pick up the bag on the way to the airport for a Monday 12:30am ANA flight to NRT, 8hr layover/bus tour, then EWR. Just wondering what would be a good place to stay near sights for around $150USD/$200SDG?

Also, I'm considering taking a quick shower at a transit hotel there both on arrival and before departure - which would be best for that?

thanks in advance!
Old Mar 9, 18, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
I just stayed at Yotel at Orchard. It's in your price range. I have stayed many places in Singapore, and I was impressed. They have a nice breakfast room on 10 floor. Good Wifi. Outdoor pool on same floor. Location is close in to Orchard MRT. I don't know that this suggestion meets your evening dinner desire: high with view, power for laptop, and wifi. That requirement could be hard to meet.
Old Mar 10, 18, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Yotel has a good location.

Originally Posted by tvhead View Post
I don't know that this suggestion meets your evening dinner desire: high with view, power for laptop, and wifi. That requirement could be hard to meet.
Thainks - decided to travel another date so the work task I need to do is no longer a requirement. Checked out the hotel and seems to match my needs - just need to figure out what I want to see and if the hotel is central to that. At least if I shop a bit that should not be a problem. And who knows - maybe they can give me the room early so I can avoid stopping at the transit hotel on the way in.
Old Mar 10, 18, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
Originally Posted by WestfieldTraveler View Post
Thainks - decided to travel another date so the work task I need to do is no longer a requirement. Checked out the hotel and seems to match my needs - just need to figure out what I want to see and if the hotel is central to that. At least if I shop a bit that should not be a problem. And who knows - maybe they can give me the room early so I can avoid stopping at the transit hotel on the way in.
WT: Is this your first trip to Singapore? Public transport, MRT and Bus, are so good and the geography of the city state so compact that practically any location is 'central'. I think the bus system is often overlooked by tourists. Get the app 'Moovit' on your phone and the extensive bus network is opened up to you.

As a frequent traveler to SG, here are my top things to do (in no particular order), Night Safari (nighttime zoo), orchid garden, Gardens by the Bay, walking in Chinatown, EATING (national pastime), Walking around Clarke Quay, shopping in general, shopping at Mustafa Center in particular.
Old Mar 15, 18, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tvhead View Post
WT: Is this your first trip to Singapore? Public transport, MRT and Bus, are so good and the geography of the city state so compact that practically any location is 'central'. I think the bus system is often overlooked by tourists. Get the app 'Moovit' on your phone and the extensive bus network is opened up to you.

As a frequent traveler to SG, here are my top things to do (in no particular order), Night Safari (nighttime zoo), orchid garden, Gardens by the Bay, walking in Chinatown, EATING (national pastime), Walking around Clarke Quay, shopping in general, shopping at Mustafa Center in particular.
Yes - my first time to SG, and I am looking to see how much I can reasonably do in the two days I will be there. I've added your suggestions to my list of places and especially considering the night safari - just wondering how long including transportation I should set aside to visit it in an evening (and if they have a place to storage a carry on if I decide to see it on the way to the airport (I know, not on the way))?

Search this Thread