Search

Luggage Stowage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Luggage Stowage

Is there a facility to store my bags at Changi while I go into the city for 12 hours? I saw a place online, but I could not tell if it was after clearing customs, or before?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:59 am

They are airside. I am not sure if there are any landside.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
yes, they are landside. I've used the one in Term 2 several times. And I think that all the terminals have them.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I am just learning now CX leaves out of terminal4. I arrive at 23:50 on the 14th and have the aerotel for 12 hours in T1. I thought I would sleep for 12 hours, then go into town for 6-12 hours. Then leave on CX at 1am on the 16th.

Is there a way logistically to check my bags airside in T1-T3, and then go pick them up again after I come back from seeing the city?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Departure, GST Refunds, Security - Singapore Changi Airport
CX check-in " Up to 24 hrs before departure at T4 Row 6 (available from 0430hrs to 0030hrs) "

Air side transit check-in is possible when check-in is officially open.

Air side transit (provided your incoming airline has interline agreement with CX) with checked luggage means you won't see your bags in Singapore at all.

Luggage storage is available both land side and air side at Changi.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beep88
Departure, GST Refunds, Security - Singapore Changi Airport
CX check-in " Up to 24 hrs before departure at T4 Row 6 (available from 0430hrs to 0030hrs) "

Air side transit check-in is possible when check-in is officially open.

Air side transit (provided your incoming airline has interline agreement with CX) with checked luggage means you won't see your bags in Singapore at all.

Luggage storage is available both land side and air side at Changi.

I have no checked luggage. What I am wondering is if I can check/stow my bags Airside in terminal one at the baggage storage facility so I can explore the city without lugging around my luggage, go back and check in at T4 Cathay after entering Singapore for 6-12 hours to see the city, take that BP to T1 to go reclaim my things, and take the bus to T4?

Basically what my question boils down to is will security and immigration allow me to enter Terminal 1,2,3 with a CX boarding pass?

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 28, 2018 at 3:21 pm
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
>> Basically what my question boils down to is will security and immigration allow me to enter Terminal 1,2,3 with a CX boarding pass?

Pretty sure the answer is no.

Store your carry-on at T1 land side. When I did something like what you are planning (when there was no T4), I consciously decided to use land side storage, because that gives me more options.

If bags stored air side, you must have a boarding pass to go there to retrieve them, and you can't leave air side after, save for exceptional circumstances requiring official immigration permission. In other international airports immigration don't care and don't ever ask if you end up not travelling. Not so for Singapore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.