Reload this Page >

Hotels and Elite Status

Hotels and Elite Status

Old Feb 13, 18, 5:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Hotels and Elite Status

I have been looking at Hilton hotels including the Conrad, also IHG hotels including the Intercontinental, the Holiday Inn, but I donít understand and itís not clear to me which hotels you have certainty scoring lounge access in?

I am using Orbitz with my points to book the cheapest room. I have IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, and SPG Gold. Which Singapore hotel do I have an almost certainty scoring lounge access that serves breakfast and dinner?
Old Feb 13, 18, 5:43 pm

when booking via OTA like Orbitz, elite membership benefits are YMMV - you may or may not be able to get lounge access through your elite status

you can book an expensive room which includes lounge (eg you can book a club rate @ IHG intercontinental on orbitz, and get lounge access via the room)

with me, what's the purpose of lounge? food is good/cheap/convenient in singapore, maybe just for the air conditioning?
Old Feb 13, 18, 5:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
when booking via OTA like Orbitz, elite membership benefits are YMMV - you may or may not be able to get lounge access through your elite status

you can book an expensive room which includes lounge (eg you can book a club rate @ IHG intercontinental on orbitz, and get lounge access via the room)

with me, what's the purpose of lounge? food is good/cheap/convenient in singapore, maybe just for the air conditioning?
This is kind of the general answer that Iíve been reading throughout the forum that doesnít really tell me much. No offense.

is there one property thatís pretty consistent in Singapore in giving lounge access to mid tier elite members? I have to imagine the holiday inn off orchard gives lounge to platinum pretty consistently.

Also Iím unaware about your hotel benefits as I donít really use them outside of the US. So as a HH Gold, am I guaranteed breakfast? Am I guaranteed anything anywhere? I also will play the odds if a certain hotel ďgenerallyĒ does something.
Old Feb 13, 18, 9:44 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I think the problem you have is that the Singapore forum is perhaps not the best place for this discussion. I would suggest that perhaps you look in the respective hotel forums for threads which talk about the different options in that chain in Singapore.

Some examples:
DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}
Questions about IHG properties in Singapore

The way I found these threads, as I am not active in either of those programs, is to go into the forum for the program, select advanced search, search for Singapore specifically in the titles and show results as threads and not posts.

As for understanding your benefits, there are also plenty of threads to help you with that. But it is a discussion best had in the program forums.
Old Feb 14, 18, 1:08 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Accor gold, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly View Post
I have been looking at Hilton hotels including the Conrad, also IHG hotels including the Intercontinental, the Holiday Inn, but I don’t understand and it’s not clear to me which hotels you have certainty scoring lounge access in?

I am using Orbitz with my points to book the cheapest room. I have IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, and SPG Gold. Which Singapore hotel do I have an almost certainty scoring lounge access that serves breakfast and dinner?
Hilton (Conrad, HGI, ...) will offer free continental breakfast for you +1.
Lounge access - none of the above (you're not even top tier with any of them, lounge/club access is not a published benefit for any of IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold,or SPG Gold, and in any case IHG now specifically excludes OTA bookings from tier benefits in the EAME and Asia areas). And in Singapore, they stick to the rules, so no free lunch (or breakfast), literally. Lounge/Club access specifically is sold as a premium product, usually includes dedicated or in-room check-in at 5-star properties, is priced accordingly, and there's lots of folks willing to pay.

See also: "I'm a frequent flyer with [airline], why can't I get a free upgrade outside the U.S. even though there are empty seats in Business / First class?"
Old Feb 14, 18, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Your best bet might be to match your SPG Gold to Marriott Gold as Marriott gives lounge access to Golds even if they're not upgraded to club level rooms. However, I don't know whether this would still work with a room booked through Ortiz, priceline, etc. With Starwood, the answer would be no benefits for OLTA reservations. There's a full service Marriott on top of a subway station on Orchard Road.
Old Feb 14, 18, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Your best bet might be to match your SPG Gold to Marriott Gold as Marriott gives lounge access to Golds even if they're not upgraded to club level rooms. However, I don't know whether this would still work with a room booked through Ortiz, priceline, etc. With Starwood, the answer would be no benefits for OLTA reservations. There's a full service Marriott on top of a subway station on Orchard Road.
Good point. There is also a JW Marriott in Singapore with a lounge as well.
Old Feb 14, 18, 8:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Warm greetings from Hilton Singapore and thank you for contacting us.

We are pleased to inform you that we offer complimentary Executive Lounge access for Hilton Honors Gold member when member book our Premium room or above for both Conrad Cetennial Singapore and our property.

(Room upgrade would be subject to availability on the day)

Rest assured that should you have any inquiries or assistance required, please do contact us.

We appreciate your loyalty and patronage toward our brand.

Thank you and kindest regards,
Old Feb 14, 18, 9:04 am

Looks like you scored.
Old Feb 14, 18, 9:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Actually it was sent right after the JW Marriott was booked.

But at least the community now knows and thats what this place is all about.
Old Feb 14, 18, 9:08 am

Have a great stay!
Old Mar 15, 18, 7:33 pm

I was in the Hilton last week, the booking was done on Expedia, and I had access to the lounge and I think they upgrade my room as well... not so sure! No Points to my account... with Gold Membership.
tdrag97 likes this.

Search this Thread