Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer between PG and EY on separate tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Transfer between PG and EY on separate tickets

We are arriving on Bangkok Airways from Koh Samui and will have approx 2.5hrs to transfer at Changi onto our Etihad flight which is on a separate ticket. I have managed to get Bangkok to check baggage through on Etihad in the past even with separate tickets which I will ask them try again this time, however, just in case they can’t/won’t......is it a simple operation to get our luggage at T1 and check back in at T2 within 2.5hrs? Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Yes, it is. Assuming PG refuses to interline your luggage, just go to the Transfer Desk on arrival at Changi (you might need to go to the transfer desk at T2). They will take care of everything, you can stay on airside throughout. See post 3 (part 2) in this thread - I've replied in detail. It's on UA to SQ/MI but it applies equally to you.
Transfer between UA and SQ flight on two tickets
croomes likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by croomes
We are arriving on Bangkok Airways from Koh Samui and will have approx 2.5hrs to transfer at Changi onto our Etihad flight which is on a separate ticket. I have managed to get Bangkok to check baggage through on Etihad in the past even with separate tickets which I will ask them try again this time, however, just in case they can’t/won’t......is it a simple operation to get our luggage at T1 and check back in at T2 within 2.5hrs? Thanks
2.5hours is more than sufficient for you to pick up your luggage, head upstairs to the departure hall, take the sky train to T2, check-in your luggage with time for spare. From touch down to checking in for your EY flight shouldn't take more than 1 hour.

Personally I wouldn't waste time at the transfer desk, as they may or may not be able to help you transfer your luggage while you remain airside, so I rather just maximise my time to pick up the luggage and do it myself but that's my personal opinion.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Hmm, I was wondering about doing that especially as I have read that the lounge that Etihad uses is nothing special either and not really wasting your time at unless you need a quick freshen up. However, we will be going from “full service airline” to “full service airline” which should work as far as the transfer desk is concerned and the queue at SIN immigration can be a bit manic sometimes. Irrespective, we still need to go to an Etihad desk somewhere as PG won’t be able to print our boarding passes and I can’t seem to check in online for the SIN-AUH leg anyway, although I have been able to for the AUH-LHR leg!
I think we’ll play it by ear, see what PG can do out of Koh Samui and then decide when we get to SIN. It looks like we have time either way we chose to do it.

Last edited by croomes; Jan 16, 2018 at 1:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.