FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Post-arrival at SIN? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1871007-post-arrival-sin.html)

sophiexyan Oct 8, 2017 9:00 pm

Post-arrival at SIN?

Hi! I will be arriving in Singapore about 2.5 hours before my friends get there so I'm looking for suggestions on how to kill time. I will be checking a bag and flying into terminal 2. My questions:

- Once I clear customs, will I still be able to access the priority pass lounges?
- IF I can access the lounges, how concerned should I be about my checked bag?
- If I can't get through security again post-customs, what are your suggestions on killing time (after I pick up my checked luggage?) Would love to get a shower in.

I'd love to get any insight from people who are familiar with Changi Airport and/or Priority Pass Lounges! Thanks!

IluvSQ Oct 9, 2017 7:54 am

You can access the lounges before clearing immigration and customs. If you do have
lounge access ( questionable, as you will not have a departing boarding pass),
do so immediately on arrival before clearing immigration. You can have your shower,
and then clear immigration and get your bag a couple of hours later.

invisible Oct 9, 2017 8:22 pm

Are you arriving and staying or connecting?

Lounges require boarding pass on a plane departing from Changi to get it.

gpeso8 Oct 10, 2017 9:22 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 28913572)

Lounges require boarding pass on a plane departing from Changi to get it.

Not entirely true. I use The Haven (T-3, Landside, Arrivals Hall) with an inbound boarding pass (and priority pass) while waiting for colleagues on other flights probably once a month without issues.

http://www.thehaven.com.sg/

invisible Oct 10, 2017 9:40 am

When was this last time?

Where was well publicized case several month ago how one local uncle (AKA senior citizen) was going to that particular lounge to eat dinner and read newspaper every day while dressed in singlets. And PP changed rules requiring departure BP in additional to PP to get into the lounge.

gpeso8 Oct 10, 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 28915692)
When was this last time?

Where was well publicized case several month ago how one local uncle (AKA senior citizen) was going to that particular lounge to eat dinner and read newspaper every day while dressed in singlets. And PP changed rules requiring departure BP in additional to PP to get into the lounge.

A week ago, I literally would have no use for PP if it wasn't for this lounge. For the past year or so they have asked to see my boarding pass but they don't seem to care that mine is inbound. The friendly aunty who works the front desk most mornings seems to recognize me so perhaps she gives me a pass. :cool:

invisible Oct 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Hm. I'll try it next time and see how it goes...

MSPeconomist Oct 10, 2017 9:30 pm

If I'm reading the PP website correctly, PP use of The Haven is limited to three hours and doesn't include nap rooms, although showers seem to be included for PP even though there's an extra charge if you pay for admission. Also, the lounge seems to have no alcohol, either for free or to purchase.

gpeso8 Oct 11, 2017 10:47 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28918260)
If I'm reading the PP website correctly, PP use of The Haven is limited to three hours and doesn't include nap rooms, although showers seem to be included for PP even though there's an extra charge if you pay for admission. Also, the lounge seems to have no alcohol, either for free or to purchase.

Yep, no access to the nap rooms, but showers are available (although, very small), I typically shower and spend about an hour responding to e-mails waiting for colleagues to arrive on separate flights.

PP members are entitled to one meal (they give you a list when you enter the lounge, but I have never ordered one). It's not a lounge that I would go out of my way to visit but it serves me well having to kill an hour or two waiting for people coming in on other flights. It's always dead in the mid-morning when I'm typically there. I don't think I have ever seen anyone else in the lounge section.