Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Changi Airport rules for check in times

Old Sep 8, 17, 8:54 am
Original Poster

I am actually quite an experienced traveller, especially out of Changi Airport, but this is usually with Singapore Airlines. It is a tradition of mine (because I am a fan of aviation) to check in the night before my flight and spend the night in the airport airside transit hotel.

However, the "check in 72hrs early" rule I think only applies if you are flying out of SIN with SQ - this time I am flying with Ethiopian Airlines.

ET638 departs for KUL at 15.50, yet I would want to check in the previous evening, like always.

Anyone know if this will be possible on an ET flight, or will I be stuck landside?
Old Sep 8, 17, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the Singapore, Asia Forum
Please follow there...
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Sep 8, 17, 4:52 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The airline determines checkin times so you would have to check with ET. Airports can impose restrictions on baggage storage which affect all airlines, but clearly Changi does not (or rather you know it is 72 hours ahead at a minimum -- highly unusual). Many airlines restrict checkin to 3 or 4 hours prior to scheduled departure time.
Old Sep 10, 17, 7:28 pm

Nothing about early check-in on Changi Airport's website, so I don't think that's an available option.

Check-in opens 2.5 hours before.

Information from here - http://www.changiairport.com/en/flight/airlines.html

Search this Thread