Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott South Beach

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

JW Marriott South Beach

Hello All,

I've been watching this board for a bit and haven't seen anyone comment about the new JW Marriott in South Beach. I'll be traveling to Singapore for the first time, have 3 nights to spend there and wondering if this is a good place to stay. We will be there last week of November 2017. Looking for leisure, not business. Other options would be any Marriott property(including the former SPG brands).
Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by calguy77
Hello All,

I've been watching this board for a bit and haven't seen anyone comment about the new JW Marriott in South Beach. I'll be traveling to Singapore for the first time, have 3 nights to spend there and wondering if this is a good place to stay. We will be there last week of November 2017. Looking for leisure, not business. Other options would be any Marriott property(including the former SPG brands).
There's only 142 posts on this hotel in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...uth-beach.html from the Marriott forum.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Hello All,

@calguy77

UAPremExecflyer provided the link to the JW Marriott South Beach Singapore. in that thread, I posted a large number of photos from when I was there in April. See the wiki at the top of the thread which indicates which posts have the photos.

I'll assume you'll read the thread. IMO, it os significantly nicer than the Marriott downtown at Orchard and Scotts. While they've done some renovations, I don't need to be there so the downtown hotels don't appeal to me. Everyone will have their favourites.

I prefer to stay out near Marina Bay. My usual spot is the Fairmont but I've also stayed at the Westin.

There are many hotels in Singapore, in many different parts of the city. IMO, it is less about price, and more about location, amenities, etc.

Not sure if you are familiar with transportation, but a number of hotels are on the MRT subway line and easy access form Changi airport.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
There's only 142 posts on this hotel in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...uth-beach.html from the Marriott forum.
never understood why people feel the need to be rude...karma
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
@calguy77

UAPremExecflyer provided the link to the JW Marriott South Beach Singapore. in that thread, I posted a large number of photos from when I was there in April. See the wiki at the top of the thread which indicates which posts have the photos.

I'll assume you'll read the thread. IMO, it os significantly nicer than the Marriott downtown at Orchard and Scotts. While they've done some renovations, I don't need to be there so the downtown hotels don't appeal to me. Everyone will have their favourites.

I prefer to stay out near Marina Bay. My usual spot is the Fairmont but I've also stayed at the Westin.

There are many hotels in Singapore, in many different parts of the city. IMO, it is less about price, and more about location, amenities, etc.

Not sure if you are familiar with transportation, but a number of hotels are on the MRT subway line and easy access form Changi airport.
Thank you for the insight. I'll take that in consideration...appreciate your help.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Thank you for the insight. I'll take that in consideration...appreciate your help.
Sent you PM. Let me know if you need anything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.