Wiki Posts
Search

Changi Terminal 4

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Changi Terminal 4

Any news on when Terminal 4 will actually be operational and when airlines will move?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Don't know about it but based what info is available, getting there/out would be more problematic - MRT does not go there, inter terminal train - neither. The only option - bus.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Some flights are currently using it to make sure the terminal is ready for prime time. No specific date for all flights applicable to T4 is set at this time.

AK (Air Asia), CX (Cathay) and other airlines are moving to T4 when it's ready.

-RM
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:43 am

Airlines will move when the terminal opens.

AirAsia AK
Indonesia AirAsia QZ
Thai AirAsia FD
Philippines AirAsia Z2
Cathay Pacific CX
Korean Air KE
Vietnam Airlines VN
Cebu Pacific 5J
Kenya Airways KQ
Spring Airlines 9C

There is an open house in August for 2 weeks (tickets all snapped up). I reckon it will open sometime in Q4.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Anyone know the lounge situation? I think CX is building their own lounge; but what lounge will KE use?

thanks!
FDW
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
I'd also like to learn about the T4 launch date. I currently have a flight from SIN-HKG in October, and I was planning to spend the night before in the airside transit hotel, but now that T4 looks entirely separate, I'd have to cancel that reservation because it has its own security area and the terminal isn't connected. Any suggestions on options that would allow my wife and I to spend a lot of time exploring the airport the night before and then catching a 6am flight the next day?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by pdpgps
I'd also like to learn about the T4 launch date. I currently have a flight from SIN-HKG in October, and I was planning to spend the night before in the airside transit hotel, but now that T4 looks entirely separate, I'd have to cancel that reservation because it has its own security area and the terminal isn't connected. Any suggestions on options that would allow my wife and I to spend a lot of time exploring the airport the night before and then catching a 6am flight the next day?
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Anyone know the lounge situation? I think CX is building their own lounge; but what lounge will KE use?

thanks!
FDW
I hope CX is opening their own lounge. I'm due to travel through Changi in late September so I'm not sure I'm going to get to experience it!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:17 pm

I'm currently at terminal 4 open house. I was told by the staff there it's slated to open in end nov or even dec, so no luck for those who were hoping to experience it anytime before nov.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by nYL3v3
I'm currently at terminal 4 open house. I was told by the staff there it's slated to open in end nov or even dec, so no luck for those who were hoping to experience it anytime before nov.
Did they tell you what would be public transport options to get there and if airside transport will be available?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by nYL3v3
Will you be writing a report/posting pictures?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Is a people-mover link to T2 being built?

Hoping for an open by mid-November, as I'll be flying in on KE and out on CX in late November. Otherwise, have to wait for KE departure in early January.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Is a people-mover link to T2 being built?

Hoping for an open by mid-November, as I'll be flying in on KE and out on CX in late November. Otherwise, have to wait for KE departure in early January.
There will be a people mover ... called a bus
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
There will be a people mover ... called a bus
Marvelous.

Thank you.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:52 pm

Am in the midst of writing a quick report on my experience there but here is something to whet the appetite

IMG_1650 by Globe Trekka, on Flickr
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
The airside transfer from T2 will be from Gate F51, which solves the issue of T4 airside being sterile (i.e. passengers have gone throughs security screening).

Signage had already been updated throughout the terminals when I went for a walk through all three in late July.
Attached Images   
uggboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.