Search

Changi Terminal 4

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:08 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by oh_lol
Sheesh, alot of hassle with this new T4 regarding entering/leaving!
how so?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by yosithezet
how so?
Probably he means that if you are having flight from T4 and want to go to T1-T3 and back, you are going to spend 70 min just on getting there and back.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
Probably he means that if you are having flight from T4 and want to go to T1-T3 and back, you are going to spend 70 min just on getting there and back.
perhaps. But normal people would not be doing this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by yosithezet
perhaps. But normal people would not be doing this.
Would not you agree, that FT regulars do not fit into 'normal' classification?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
Would not you agree, that FT regulars do not fit into 'normal' classification?
Absolutely
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: QFF
I did a CX-JL (T4-T1) connection the last week.
The set up is terrible. It doesn't appear that they put much thought into it.
There are better connection procedures in use for similar transfers at worse airports (eg, SYD QF connections bus).

It took 45 minutes from door opening to get through the transfer process and get to the T1 lounge.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: most of them
how many people will ever do a connection like that? It doesn't seem like something they would have thought much about because a CX-JL connection doesn't seem like one that would happen often
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:49 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
A HK passenger is complaining about CX not being a Full Service Carrier for being sent to T4, which does not have MRT nor low floor deck bus shuttles to T2 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post29084162

Last edited by percysmith; Nov 21, 2017 at 1:16 am
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Yes. there are people making connections from Terminal 4. Changi to terminal 2 and 3. IMO, Changi missed the boat on this one, it was not well thought out, Terminal 4 offers low tech transport solutions for a new high tech terminal.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
I'm looking at the Changi Airport map. T4 is next to T2. Why didn't they just build a connector between the two terminals. Considering that this is the new "budget terminal", did they purposely keep it separate from the rest of the airport? And if so, putting CX and KE there doesn't make a lot of sense.

In my experience, people would rather ride trains between terminals then to leave the building, wait for a bas, get on the bas, ride to the other terminal and then do the reverse with baggage. What are the chances that they will connect T4 and T2 with a train? Or are they not doing that because it's the new Budget Terminal?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by abraxis
I'm looking at the Changi Airport map. T4 is next to T2. Why didn't they just build a connector between the two terminals. Considering that this is the new "budget terminal", did they purposely keep it separate from the rest of the airport? And if so, putting CX and KE there doesn't make a lot of sense.

In my experience, people would rather ride trains between terminals then to leave the building, wait for a bas, get on the bas, ride to the other terminal and then do the reverse with baggage. What are the chances that they will connect T4 and T2 with a train? Or are they not doing that because it's the new Budget Terminal?
Because there is a very active taxiway between these 2 terminals. Planes from terminal 3 will need to use this taxiway to access Runway 2, and planes from Terminal 2 will use this taxiway to access Runway 1. Otherwise a lot of time would be spent just taxiing if this taxiway is closed.

Just saying out loud here, but Terminals 4 and 5 in LHR are not connected to Terminal 1/2/3 either... and I suspect Terminal 5 in SIN will not be connected to Terminals 1/2/3 when is is completed.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:21 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by SQ319
Just saying out loud here, but Terminals 4 and 5 in LHR are not connected to Terminal 1/2/3 either... and I suspect Terminal 5 in SIN will not be connected to Terminals 1/2/3 when is is completed.
But LHR T5 has a HEX station tho?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
But LHR T5 has a HEX station tho?
Yup, who know what the future public transport plan will be like when T5 is completed. And maybe there will be enough critical mass for them to consider public transport link to T4? Who knows. Still a few more years before we will see any concrete plans.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:50 pm

responding to an old thread here

Originally Posted by abraxis
Originally Posted by glennaa11
how many people will ever do a connection like that? It doesn't seem like something they would have thought much about because a CX-JL connection doesn't seem like one that would happen often
The terminals are actually not right next to each other. There are a bunch of other buildings in the way. For example the CIP/VIP terminal. Also they probably assessed that CX and KE don't have a huge number of transfer passengers.

Originally Posted by dlflyer2
Yes. there are people making connections from Terminal 4. Changi to terminal 2 and 3. IMO, Changi missed the boat on this one, it was not well thought out, Terminal 4 offers low tech transport solutions for a new high tech terminal.
Terminal 4 I believe is sitting on the footprint of the old budget Terminal so they might have saved costs by not moving the site and redesigning everything based on a new location. Also, T4 is supposed to be a test bed for all the tech. Once Terminal 5 is completed at the end of the next decade, I have a sneaky suspicion that they will completely redo T1 - T3 to upgrade their capacity and then push all of the budget carriers to now T4 and make it a budget terminal (again).

Originally Posted by SQ319
Yup, who know what the future public transport plan will be like when T5 is completed. And maybe there will be enough critical mass for them to consider public transport link to T4? Who knows. Still a few more years before we will see any concrete plans.
There was talk of them extending the (still being built) Thomson-East Coast line to the new Terminal 5. This probably means that the Singapore planners already have this baked into their plans and they are just not committing to it publicly yet.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:11 am

For those interested in the Peranakan Love Story that is on show at the departure hall, this was a recording when I travelled through in late 2017

As always, please like and subscribe to the youtube channel if you like it
HawaiiO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.