Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

6.30 hours layover in SIN at night..

Old Jun 11, 17, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

My flight from BOM reached SIN at 7.50 PM. My connection flight to ICN (and then to LAX) is at 2.25 AM.

I am thinking of getting out at night and spend a few hours checking the city at night. Any options?

Me and my wife have been to SIN couple of times before but my 13 year old daughter hasn't been.
Old Jun 11, 17, 7:56 pm

take a cab/taxi to east coast park (hawker center) to have some local dish like satay/mee siam/bbq stingray.. etc. or jumbo east coast for chilli crabs. If you are into grocerries shopping, head to marine parade, where they have giant, cold storage and ntuc finest; all nearby. There is also a small hawker center there for cheap eats.
Old Jun 11, 17, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps View Post
My flight from BOM reached SIN at 7.50 PM. My connection flight to ICN (and then to LAX) is at 2.25 AM.

I am thinking of getting out at night and spend a few hours checking the city at night. Any options?

Me and my wife have been to SIN couple of times before but my 13 year old daughter hasn't been.
The skyline of the CBD is quite nice after sunset - easy to spend a couple of hours nearby Marina Bay Sands at Gardens by the Bay.

http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en...formation.html
Old Jun 11, 17, 8:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Take taxi/uber to Fullerton Bay Hotel, get out, take photos at Merlion, walk towards Esplanade, have dinner at Gluttens By The Bay (behind Esplanade). Rent electric scooters ($10/h), and go to Gardens by the Bay and cycle around. Come back, get taxi from Esplanade, go back.
Old Jun 11, 17, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Take taxi/uber to Fullerton Bay Hotel, get out, take photos at Merlion, walk towards Esplanade, have dinner at Gluttens By The Bay (behind Esplanade). Rent electric scooters ($10/h), and go to Gardens by the Bay and cycle around. Come back, get taxi from Esplanade, go back.
+1 on the Marina Bay area.

If you are in SIN on a Friday or Saturday, you can also check out National Gallery, which closes at 10pm.
Old Jun 12, 17, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks folks for suggestions..

Search this Thread