Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Best way to get to Singapore

Old May 20, 17, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver

I'm planning a trip to SE asia. I will visit vietnam then 6 or 7 days in the philippines (cebu city/Bohol), 3-4 days in BKK and 2 days one night in SIN. I am flying home from Singapore. I am doing Vietnam first. My question is as follows:

After SGN would it make sense to go MNL-BKK-SIN? Or from SGN would it be better to go SGN-BKK-MNL-SIN. I selected MNL because I have heard its cheaper to fly to MNL and then take a local flight to Cebu vs taking an international flight into/out of Cebu. My preliminary reviews of the flights seems to indicate that its easier and more cost effective to go sgn-BKK-MNL-SIN. Is there a more cost effective/quicker way I should consider?
Old May 20, 17, 2:44 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Air Asia via KL is often the cheapest, but Scoot (LCC run by SQ) is SIN based and very cheap on some routes and dates (e.g. 20% of the other carrier prices). Indonesia also has very cheap LCCs.
Old May 20, 17, 7:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Careful with Scoot. I would suggest to use alternatives unless you have no other reasonable option.
Old May 20, 17, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Red259 View Post
After SGN would it make sense to go MNL-BKK-SIN? Or from SGN would it be better to go SGN-BKK-MNL-SIN. I selected MNL because I have heard its cheaper to fly to MNL and then take a local flight to Cebu vs taking an international flight into/out of Cebu. My preliminary reviews of the flights seems to indicate that its easier and more cost effective to go sgn-BKK-MNL-SIN. Is there a more cost effective/quicker way I should consider?
Either way geographically you are backtracking.

It's quite cheap to fly from BKK to SIN, most likely cheaper than flying CEB (or MNL)-SIN, so may make more sense to do BKK last before flying to SIN.

Also instead of flying via MNL, you can also consider flying via Davao.

Just do a search on Skyscanner, it will give you all the options including with connections.

Last edited by SQ319; May 20, 17 at 8:09 am
Old May 20, 17, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SQ319 View Post
Either way geographically you are backtracking.

It's quite cheap to fly from BKK to SIN, most likely cheaper than flying CEB (or MNL)-SIN, so may make more sense to do BKK last before flying to SIN.

Also instead of flying via MNL, you can also consider flying via Davao.

Just do a search on Skyscanner, it will give you all the options including with connections.
Thanks I will look at Davao to see what the flight options are.

Search this Thread