FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Best way to get to Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1843572-best-way-get-singapore.html)

Red259 May 20, 2017 12:01 am

Best way to get to Singapore

I'm planning a trip to SE asia. I will visit vietnam then 6 or 7 days in the philippines (cebu city/Bohol), 3-4 days in BKK and 2 days one night in SIN. I am flying home from Singapore. I am doing Vietnam first. My question is as follows:

After SGN would it make sense to go MNL-BKK-SIN? Or from SGN would it be better to go SGN-BKK-MNL-SIN. I selected MNL because I have heard its cheaper to fly to MNL and then take a local flight to Cebu vs taking an international flight into/out of Cebu. My preliminary reviews of the flights seems to indicate that its easier and more cost effective to go sgn-BKK-MNL-SIN. Is there a more cost effective/quicker way I should consider?

number_6 May 20, 2017 2:44 am

Air Asia via KL is often the cheapest, but Scoot (LCC run by SQ) is SIN based and very cheap on some routes and dates (e.g. 20% of the other carrier prices). Indonesia also has very cheap LCCs.

invisible May 20, 2017 7:53 am

Careful with Scoot. I would suggest to use alternatives unless you have no other reasonable option.

SQ319 May 20, 2017 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Red259 (Post 28336025)
After SGN would it make sense to go MNL-BKK-SIN? Or from SGN would it be better to go SGN-BKK-MNL-SIN. I selected MNL because I have heard its cheaper to fly to MNL and then take a local flight to Cebu vs taking an international flight into/out of Cebu. My preliminary reviews of the flights seems to indicate that its easier and more cost effective to go sgn-BKK-MNL-SIN. Is there a more cost effective/quicker way I should consider?

Either way geographically you are backtracking.

It's quite cheap to fly from BKK to SIN, most likely cheaper than flying CEB (or MNL)-SIN, so may make more sense to do BKK last before flying to SIN.

Also instead of flying via MNL, you can also consider flying via Davao.

Just do a search on Skyscanner, it will give you all the options including with connections.

Red259 May 20, 2017 11:34 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 28336986)
Either way geographically you are backtracking.

It's quite cheap to fly from BKK to SIN, most likely cheaper than flying CEB (or MNL)-SIN, so may make more sense to do BKK last before flying to SIN.

Also instead of flying via MNL, you can also consider flying via Davao.

Just do a search on Skyscanner, it will give you all the options including with connections.

Thanks I will look at Davao to see what the flight options are.