Wiki Posts
Search

SIN Airport from 12am till 7am

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA ex-1K, AA, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry
SIN Airport from 12am till 7am

Hi there - I will be landing into SIN airport (JAL) at around 12am and my next segment won't depart until 7am (Jetstar). I need advice as to where to catch some sleep before the next flight. I have PP and I understand that I can only stay at a lounge 3 hours max. I don't want to stay at a transit hotel so trying to see what my options are. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by HKQT; Apr 12, 2017 at 3:23 pm
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by HKQT
Hi there - I will be landing into SIN airport (JAL) at around 12am and my next segment won't depart until 7am (Jetstar). I need advice as to where to catch some sleep before the next flight. I have PP and I understand that I can only stay at a lounge 3 hours max. I don't want to stay at a transit hotel so trying to see what my options are. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Your apparent rationale makes absolutely no sense. Why would not want to stay at the transit hotel? You can get several hours of decent sleep. You want to stay in a PP lounge for three hours or less and then go sleep on the floor outside?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA ex-1K, AA, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Your apparent rationale makes absolutely no sense. Why would not want to stay at the transit hotel? You can get several hours of decent sleep. You want to stay in a PP lounge for three hours or less and then go sleep on the floor outside?
Well it does if I'm trying to save a little money...so yes it does make some sense...thanks for your 2 cents...
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Well, your options are:

- Use two lounges accepting PP and sleep 2.5 hours in each
- Use transit hotel and pay for it to sleep
- Use other free public places either airside or landside to sleep there
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
There are quite a few places where there are "sleeper" areas with almost lie flat seats sort of tucked into corners. Also IMHO at other airports (HKG) the pp lounge(s) don't really enforce the 3 hour limit overnight
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Here's what you need to know for sleeping areas at Changi airport.

http://www.changiairport.com/en/airp...est-areas.html

The simplest thing is for you to stay in T1 as both JAL and Jetstar use this terminal. Assuming you have luggage, just leave it at the carousel, get your zzz's first. Ground staff will pick up your luggage and bring it to an office in the general carousel area. Only go through Immigration when you're ready to check in for your Jetstar flight. (There is also information on the Changi Airport website that says that if your JAL and Jetstar flights are on one itinerary, then you can check in at the transfer desk on airside. This part is not unusual but I don't know if this means they will also transfer your bags for you. Suggest you check with Jetstar on this.)
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium Elite
Just left there Sunday. Had no issues getting a cab at 5:45am from Tang Plaza.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:54 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I used to head to T3's lower levels, and passed out around one of the shuttered restaurants.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Agree

I agree most PP lounges do not enforce 2.5 hour limit. You can easily squeeze 3- 4 hours or more depending on the staff.

Originally Posted by estnet
There are quite a few places where there are "sleeper" areas with almost lie flat seats sort of tucked into corners. Also IMHO at other airports (HKG) the pp lounge(s) don't really enforce the 3 hour limit overnight
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The sleeper seats are quite nice. I spent several hours there last year and got a good nap in.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by klakhav
I agree most PP lounges do not enforce 2.5 hour limit. You can easily squeeze 3- 4 hours or more depending on the staff.

Rest assured the 2 Amabassador Lounges there make you wear a huge sticker with the expiry time on it.

They are the only lounges I've been to that enforce the 3 hour rule.

Of course there are other PP lounges, not all of them open overnight.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Hello.

I am doing a mileage run to SIN. I will land at 12:10 a.m. and my flight departs at 5:50 a.m. Flying Delta into Terminal 1. I will have access to the Dnata lounge, but there are no sleeping areas there - according to the website.

My questions are
1. Will I need to go through customs and then back into T1 - or can I just go straight from the gate to the lounge and then to my departure gate.

2. I have a priorty pass card - will that allow me access into a lounge that has sleeping quarters?

Thank you for your help.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by QDDawg
I am doing a mileage run to SIN. I will land at 12:10 a.m. and my flight departs at 5:50 a.m. Flying Delta into Terminal 1. I will have access to the Dnata lounge, but there are no sleeping areas there - according to the website.

My questions are
1. Will I need to go through customs and then back into T1 - or can I just go straight from the gate to the lounge and then to my departure gate.

2. I have a priorty pass card - will that allow me access into a lounge that has sleeping quarters?

Thank you for your help.
You won't need to clear customs.

Since you are doing the immediate turnaround, you might also consider staying awake in SIN since your "layover" will coincide with US waking hours.

The wiki in the mega-thread in the Mileage Runs forum has tips/experiences/etc.: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...9-cpm-135.html
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by QDDawg
Hello.

My questions are

Thank you for your help.
If you go through immigration and customs, with a DL flight you will be unable to return to airside until the DL check in counter opens around 4 am due to the required security questions for flights to the USA on USA carriers. Doing OLCI does not solve this problem.

Some people like to sleep in the free 24/7 movie theater in T3. Another T3 sleeping spot is up on the mezzanine level near the row of restaurants, most of which close in the middle of the night.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Thank you both for the info.

I am now rethinking if I should just burn a vacation day and at least leave the airport. I mean I should at least get my passport stamped and a pic or 2 in hte city if I'm flying halfway around the world.

I was looking at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and chill at the pool, but WOW $839 a night, that is $200 more than I spent on the ticket - yikes.

I'll probably just stay at a SPG or Hilton and get a nights stay in as well. If you have any suggestions on what is best I'd love to hear them.

If I don't stay the extra day I will not leave customs - thanks for that tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.