Night at Changi airport lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Night at Changi airport lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: DL GM
Came over here to ask this same question and conveniently this thread was at the top. I'm arriving on the same NRT-SIN flight in a few weeks and really don't want to spend another $250-350 USD for that night when I probably wouldn't even get to the hotel until 1 AM or later but at the same time I'll be concluding a "day" of 21 hours worth of flight time and 8 hours worth of layovers so any room with a bed and hot shower would be appreciated.

Does immigration ask questions if you arrive at midnight but stay in one of the transit hotels until the next morning? Looks like 8 hours in a M Room with shower would only be $104 USD, the Crowne Plaza isn't too much more than that. If I can find a hotel in the city with the 4th night free I'll just do that but otherwise one of the airside hotels sounds like a solid and far cheaper plan.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
Does immigration ask questions if you arrive at midnight but stay in one of the transit hotels until the next morning? Looks like 8 hours in a M Room with shower would only be $104 USD, the Crowne Plaza isn't too much more than that. If I can find a hotel in the city with the 4th night free I'll just do that but otherwise one of the airside hotels sounds like a solid and far cheaper plan.
Should be no problem at Immigration. Note FWIW the Crowne Plaza is landside.

Are you traveling on your own? An S room at the Aerotel is totally adequate for one person as just a place to sleep the first night.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Should be no problem at Immigration. Note FWIW the Crowne Plaza is landside.

Are you traveling on your own? An S room at the Aerotel is totally adequate for one person as just a place to sleep the first night.
Yeah it is just me. Only reason the M room or the Crowne Plaza appealed to me was a private shower. Either way it'll be far cheaper than heading into town unless I go with a 4th night free place. I've been putting it off since my departure flight plans are still up in the air.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Oh those Aerotel rooms don't have private bathrooms?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:26 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Don't know about the other room types, but I stayed in an S room in January and there were a set of bathrooms at the end of the hall, with each one individually having a sink, toilet, and shower.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
Does immigration ask questions if you arrive at midnight but stay in one of the transit hotels until the next morning?
Done that numerous times. Never asked once.

Originally Posted by wco81
Oh those Aerotel rooms don't have private bathrooms?
They do. Only the "budget" singles don't.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:39 am

I wonder if I can check-in, go to the airside lounge, and then go to the crown plaza hotel (which I believe is landside)?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I wonder if I can check-in, go to the airside lounge, and then go to the crown plaza hotel (which I believe is landside)?
Your post is confusing. Are you departing FROM Singapore to fly to another destination, or perhaps are you flying TO Singapore, or are you changing planes at Changi SIN airport and you have a long layover?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
Your post is confusing. Are you departing FROM Singapore to fly to another destination, or perhaps are you flying TO Singapore, or are you changing planes at Changi SIN airport and you have a long layover?
Departing from Singapore. Can I check-in landside; go to the airside lounge for my food and drink, and then go to the crown plaza hotel (which I believe is landside)?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Departing from Singapore. Can I check-in landside; go to the airside lounge for my food and drink, and then go to the crown plaza hotel (which I believe is landside)?
Logistically it is possible.

However, keep in mind:
  • To get to airside at SIN you would pass through SG exit immigration.
  • To get from airside to landside you have to pass through SG entry immigration and customs
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
You cannot unless you have a legitimate reason to leave air side without departing the country- visiting the air side lounge is not one.

You check in, go through immigration but have no intension to leave the country.

People went on the free city transit tour, got back to airport, tried to go to land side again. Not allowed by immigration.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Free city transit tour?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Thinking of booking the Aerotel in Terminal 1.

My return flight is at 6 AM on ANA, which I believe departs from Terminal 2.

Is it too far to get from the Aerotel to T2 with luggage to check in and check a big suitcase?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by wco81
Thinking of booking the Aerotel in Terminal 1.

My return flight is at 6 AM on ANA, which I believe departs from Terminal 2.

Is it too far to get from the Aerotel to T2 with luggage to check in and check a big suitcase?
The Aerotel is airside. In order to get to Aerotel, you have to first check in for your flight. You won't have your big suitcase with you at that point. Be aware some airlines only open check in 3 hours before the flight.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:56 am
Suspended

Ah ok, so you can do it when you land but you can't do it the night before you depart then.

I'm coming back from Bali the night before I depart so I thought I'd just stay at the airport and then if needed, I'd take the train or bus into the city for dinner.

For landside, the Crown Plaza is just as expensive as hotels in the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.