FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Business dress? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1802304-business-dress.html)

Hoyaheel Nov 14, 2016 11:05 am

Business dress?

Quick question re: business dress for women - I'm doing one day of work in Singapore in the midst of a 2+ week vacation with my husband. I don't really want to pack extra clothing, so - will a sleeveless dress (either ankle or knee length) and a cardigan with sandals be acceptable? (University setting). Thanks!

SQ319 Nov 14, 2016 6:49 pm

It depends also on who you're meeting/what you're doing.

Your suggestion sounds perfectly fine, though personally I will go with closed toe shoes just to look a tad more formal.

:)

Hoyaheel Nov 15, 2016 8:00 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 27480824)
Your suggestion sounds perfectly fine, though personally I will go with closed toe shoes just to look a tad more formal.

Thanks!

That's the problem - only closed toe shoe I'm planning on is a sneaker, so I'd have to pack something else....

I'm meeting a colleague, getting a campus tour, talking to some people in her office about some research operations stuff. My colleague knows this is my vacation but I really wanted to visit the campus since it's my first time in Singapore.....

SQ319 Nov 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel (Post 27482851)
Thanks!

That's the problem - only closed toe shoe I'm planning on is a sneaker, so I'd have to pack something else....

I'm meeting a colleague, getting a campus tour, talking to some people in her office about some research operations stuff. My colleague knows this is my vacation but I really wanted to visit the campus since it's my first time in Singapore.....

You'll see that most of the university students are VERY casual in their dressing, so I guess with sandals, you will fit in as perhaps one of the research students?? ;)

Instead of packing it, perhaps you may want to buy a pair in Singapore? Part of your holiday shopping. :)

Have fun in Singapore!

Annalisa12 Nov 19, 2016 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 27485767)
You'll see that most of the university students are VERY casual in their dressing, so I guess with sandals, you will fit in as perhaps one of the research students?? ;)

Instead of packing it, perhaps you may want to buy a pair in Singapore? Part of your holiday shopping. :)

Have fun in Singapore!

Unless your foot is small and thin it may be hard to buy the perfect shoe. I had a ton of trouble and my foot is an average Western size 8.

Hoyaheel Nov 20, 2016 11:31 am

Nope, I cannot shop for clothing in Asia:p That's why I buy scarves, face masks & fermented bean paste as souvenirs....

Talked with someone at work who spent 3 weeks working there this spring and she said that "nice" sandals were worn by many, including the colleague I'll be with, so....

I packed this morning and included a pair of sling back & open toed flats - I can wear on the cruise and for my work day, not as hot as an enclosed shoe but nicer than a casual sandal. And I got my pedicure so my toes are ready to be seen:D