Wiki Posts
Search

Help choosing hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Help choosing hotel

I am holding few booking and really can't decide which hotel to choose. Location is not that important as we love to walk... the important things are views, quality of room and lounge (all rooms booked have access to the lounge). Due to discounts/contracts etc... it has to be one of these hotels, prices for the last 3 are very similar.
Which one would you go for:

1. Grand Hyatt - Grand Club Room (20% more than the other 3)
2. Novotel Clarke Quay - Premier Suite
3. One Farrer - Skyline Room
4. Hilton - King Hilton Executive Room

Thank you.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:16 pm

I haven't been to all the hotels but among your choices, I would strike out 2 (Novotel), as it's a somewhat old and dated hotel, the quality of room (even if it's a suite) pales in comparison to the other 3.

You mentioned you love to walk - I'm not sure where you are based or when you are coming to Singapore. It's the monsoon season from now till Jan, hence there may be rain throughout the day. Also Singapore is generally quite humid, so walking outside can be a sweaty affair. Just to manage your expectations about walking.

You mentioned location is not that important - however, Grand Hyatt and Hilton are better located than One Farrer for walking to all the major attractions around Singapore.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:48 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Agree with SQ319. Adding to the rain bit - if you would rather have access to the MRT subway system, the Hyatt is very close to a subway entrance and you will only get a bit wet.
The Hilton is about a 150m sprint to a mall entrance that will take you to the MRT.
One Farrer is across the road from the subway station - but far from any shopping (apart from Little India).
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:49 am

Airbnb!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by jacksonchew
Airbnb!
Sometimes I wonder if people actually read a thread before typing a one-word answer..

@OP: Have you made up your mind yet?

May I inquire why it's just any of those 4 choices?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.