FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   12am Arrival | 6am Departure (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1800605-12am-arrival-6am-departure.html)

dinanm3atl Nov 4, 2016 8:09 pm

12am Arrival | 6am Departure

Seems the city will be mostly 'shutting down' for the night by the time one could actually get there. Reading about the airport on FT, Sleeping in Airports and internet reviews it seems plenty to do at the airport.

Would this be a fair assessment or is it actually worth trying to go into the city? With free movies, 24 Hours of Food and actual 'sleep lounges'(or transit hotel) it seems one could fill their time pretty easily?

Swiss Tony Nov 6, 2016 3:02 pm

It's not going to be easy.

I don't believe there's any public transport running overnight so it would be taxis both ways. On top of that as you say the city will be winding down by the time you get in - Lau Pa Sat is open 24hrs - but unless you're never going to get to the city again, I would just kick back at the airport.

dinanm3atl Nov 6, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks for the reply!

What I was thinking.

chriskuo Nov 6, 2016 5:57 pm

The transit hotels inside security will allow you to get some real sleep and are reasonably priced.

shuigao Nov 6, 2016 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl (Post 27438670)
Would this be a fair assessment or is it actually worth trying to go into the city?

Not worth going into the city at those hours. Just book a 6 hour slot at a transit hotel to get some sleep (or if you're on a budget, "borrow" a pair of eyeshades and a blanket from your incoming flight and just sleep in the cinema or at one of the many rest/sleep areas around the airport)

dinanm3atl Nov 6, 2016 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 27446088)
Not worth going into the city at those hours. Just book a 6 hour slot at a transit hotel to get some sleep (or if you're on a budget, "borrow" a pair of eyeshades and a blanket from your incoming flight and just sleep in the cinema or at one of the many rest/sleep areas around the airport)

Copy.

ramondelapaz Nov 24, 2016 1:27 am

heaps to do at SIN. last time i flew out from there i got to the airport early and had fun eating and drinking my way around all the terminals.

i also found a small room with gaming computers and a free cinema.

dinanm3atl Nov 24, 2016 5:26 am

Originally Posted by ramondelapaz (Post 27521582)
heaps to do at SIN. last time i flew out from there i got to the airport early and had fun eating and drinking my way around all the terminals.

i also found a small room with gaming computers and a free cinema.

That is what we ended up doing!