Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Children's Shoes

Children's Shoes

Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Children's Shoes

I am living in a remote area of Indonesia and need to buy children's shoes (that aren't crocs) for my kids when we are in Singapore in a few weeks. What is the name of a store similar to Payless shoes in Singapore...somewhere I can pick up moderately quality shoes for around 25-30 USD a pair. Is there a chain like that in SG? Usually we stock up at Target in AUS but this year no trips to AUS in the books at the moment.

Thanks
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I am living in a remote area of Indonesia and need to buy children's shoes (that aren't crocs) for my kids when we are in Singapore in a few weeks. What is the name of a store similar to Payless shoes in Singapore...somewhere I can pick up moderately quality shoes for around 25-30 USD a pair. Is there a chain like that in SG? Usually we stock up at Target in AUS but this year no trips to AUS in the books at the moment.

Thanks
No such kind of thing as above mentioned chain. If you want to buy shoes in that price range, you should stay away from big name malls and entirely off from Orchard st.

Instead you will have better chances if try HDB estates with small shops around and/or Bugis area where outdoor mall is. Chinatown area is good place as well.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. And to clarify, I am talking about shoes for a toddler and an 8 year old. Will head to Bugis and or Chinatown it sounds like.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Thanks. And to clarify, I am talking about shoes for a toddler and an 8 year old. Will head to Bugis and or Chinatown it sounds like.
Note that these are open air markets with no aircon. It will be 30C with 80% of humidity.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by invisible
Note that these are open air markets with no aircon. It will be 30C with 80% of humidity.
Noted. I am no stranger to that type of weather given my location.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Is there any common children's shoe store chains at all in Singapore? Now that I think about it I can swear I bought kids' shoes in this price point in a dedicated kids' shoe store at the Orchard Paragon mall a few years ago. It's hard to be sure though because we try to buy shoes every vacation out so might be confusing it with some other city.

Anyways, thanks for the advice so far.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
This is a guess (but should be a good guess, at that): try Bata Shoes. They're a big chain that is similar to Payless and have branches in many of the shopping centers.

Payless was here in Singapore but from a google search is not clear if they're still in operation.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
This is a guess (but should be a good guess, at that): try Bata Shoes. They're a big chain that is similar to Payless and have branches in many of the shopping centers.

Payless was here in Singapore but from a google search is not clear if they're still in operation.
Thanks, that looks exactly like what I am looking for.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:54 pm

Another recommendation for Bata shoes. It's cheaper than your USD25-30 price range, but the quality is decent, especially the Bubblegummers range. There is a huge Bata at Peninsula Plaza (Opposite St Andrew's Cathedral).

http://www.bata.com.sg/pages/Find-Yo...d-1082084.aspx

Orchard Paragon Level 5 have many children's shops, but the price point is definitely higher than USD30 that you're looking at. I've posted some Singapore prices for you for your reference below and these are the types of shops you'll find in Paragon.

https://www.striderite.com.sg/
http://www.pediped.com.sg/sale

Another place I would check out is IMM. It's an outlet mall in the west side of Singapore, but there are outlet shops, good for getting shoes/clothes etc for cheap. There are several children's clothing shops in Level 2 (Pumpkin Patch, Chateau de Sable, Cotton On etc), and also adult clothing shops in Level 1 (Espirit, G2000, Coach, Sacoor Brothers, Timberland etc). Good for shopping for the entire family in air conditioned comfort.

(Personally though, I buy my todd's shoes online on Carters/Osh Kosh and have them shipped to Singapore).
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ319
Another recommendation for Bata shoes. It's cheaper than your USD25-30 price range, but the quality is decent, especially the Bubblegummers range. There is a huge Bata at Peninsula Plaza (Opposite St Andrew's Cathedral).

http://www.bata.com.sg/pages/Find-Yo...d-1082084.aspx

Orchard Paragon Level 5 have many children's shops, but the price point is definitely higher than USD30 that you're looking at. I've posted some Singapore prices for you for your reference below and these are the types of shops you'll find in Paragon.

https://www.striderite.com.sg/
http://www.pediped.com.sg/sale

Another place I would check out is IMM. It's an outlet mall in the west side of Singapore, but there are outlet shops, good for getting shoes/clothes etc for cheap. There are several children's clothing shops in Level 2 (Pumpkin Patch, Chateau de Sable, Cotton On etc), and also adult clothing shops in Level 1 (Espirit, G2000, Coach, Sacoor Brothers, Timberland etc). Good for shopping for the entire family in air conditioned comfort.

(Personally though, I buy my todd's shoes online on Carters/Osh Kosh and have them shipped to Singapore).
Thanks for the advice. I believe now that I was shopping at stride rite a few years ago and they had a decent sale on.

Appreciate it.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
I would definitely look in the "off brand" malls. Peninsula Plaza, Far East Plaza, and the like. Even on/near Orchard Road there will be choices.

FWIW - Peninsula Plaza also has a concentration of musical instrument shops your 8yo might be interested in. A beginner guitar or ukulele perhaps?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JHattery
I would definitely look in the "off brand" malls. Peninsula Plaza, Far East Plaza, and the like. Even on/near Orchard Road there will be choices.

FWIW - Peninsula Plaza also has a concentration of musical instrument shops your 8yo might be interested in. A beginner guitar or ukulele perhaps?
Cool, that's a good idea this trip is right around her birthday and Christmas shopping is also on the agenda.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.