FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Singapore to PJ (Malaysia) by bus? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1789902-singapore-pj-malaysia-bus.html)

shonamac Sep 9, 2016 5:41 pm

Singapore to PJ (Malaysia) by bus?

If I need to get to Petaling Jaya (near the Asia Jaya station), what is the best bus route to take from Singapore?

Do I have any better options than to go to the TBS or Berjaya Times Square?

shuigao Sep 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Most buses from SIN stop at either Central KL (bukit bintang area), or Bandar Utama. Not sure off hand of any that stop in PJ itself, though I'm sure other forumers will chip in with more info.

Anyway Aeroline has some services that stop at Sunway Pyramid (6km taxi/uber/whatever from Asia Jaya) and One Utama (12km).

Or you could take Starmart to KL Central and hop on to the LRT to Asia Jaya (a couple of stops).

Personally I don't bother with buses though, whenever I go to KL I always just fly. Plenty of low cost carriers going to all three 'airports' i.e. KLIA, KLIA2, Subang.

invisible Sep 12, 2016 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 27203293)
Personally I don't bother with buses though, whenever I go to KL I always just fly. Plenty of low cost carriers going to all three 'airports' i.e. KLIA, KLIA2, Subang.

I would also recommend to fly but seems that one first has to get to KILA, from there to Sentral and from Sentral to the destination via LRT. Easily will take couple of hours.

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 27203293)
Anyway Aeroline has some services that stop at Sunway Pyramid (6km taxi/uber/whatever from Asia Jaya) and One Utama (12km).

I think this is the best overal option, if 5h ride on bus is not too much discomfort - Aeroline buses have good reputation.

shonamac Sep 13, 2016 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 27204101)
I would also recommend to fly but seems that one first has to get to KILA, from there to Sentral and from Sentral to the destination via LRT. Easily will take couple of hours....

Plus the time (and cost) to get to Changi and then hang arund the airport before the plane takes off - assuming it is on time - adds a lot to the total travel time.

Thanks for the suggestion of the Sunway pyramid option. How much do you reckon a taxi will cost from Sunway Pyramid to the Asia Jaya station? And what is the best taxi app to use in KL?

invisible Sep 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by SchrottFly (Post 27206708)
How much do you reckon a taxi will cost from Sunway Pyramid to the Asia Jaya station? And what is the best taxi app to use in KL?

After getting stuck in traffic in KL at 11PM on Sunday evening - I have no idea. One thing I can tell - DO NOT use regular taxi because all of them have meters 'broken'.

Grab and Uber are your friends. Download both on your phone and try to do for several days a dummy booking from Sunway to your destination around appx time of arrival of the bus. It will give you an idea how many cars are around and how much it would cost you.