Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Ideas to fly J from SIN to BOS affordably.

Old Aug 21, 16, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC SL

Looking to visit Boston next year in Spring and looking to fly there in J. Initially looked at Google Flights and seems like everything out of SIN is at least 5.5k USD.

Changed departure to CMB and seems like QR is offering 2.1k USD CMB-BOS-CMB. So I can technically get a cheap UL or EK Y ticket to position myself.

Do anyone else knows what is the best way to fly there in J affordably? I can live with SIN-xxx-NYC and take the bus to Boston or position myself somewhere in Asia to fly one-stop to Boston. Would appreciate any ideas! Thanks!!
Old Aug 21, 16, 11:27 pm

SIN is expensive to fly out of.

If you are OK to fly to BKK first on a desperate ticket you can fly J BKK-HEL-JFK for $2,254 us2

Just made up some dates in the spring, not sure what your schedule is.
Old Aug 21, 16, 11:33 pm

Sorry forgot link

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...LBKK1AY89;sc=b
Old Aug 22, 16, 11:38 am

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Just use your frequent flyer miles to redeem a business class ticket, you can earn those from credit card spending.

If you can't afford the US$2.1k as mentioned, then you shouldn't be looking at flying business class.
Old Aug 22, 16, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
There are some $2k Delta RT J seats PVG-JFK right now in the mileage run thread. It would be a pain to position BUT you'd get those long segments in biz. Also, it may be worth checking out if you can get that tick to work from sin and to BOS....you never know.
Old Sep 5, 16, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by quantumofforce View Post
SIN is expensive to fly out of.

If you are OK to fly to BKK first on a desperate ticket you can fly J BKK-HEL-JFK for $2,254 us2

Just made up some dates in the spring, not sure what your schedule is.
A 'desperate' ticket ?
Old Sep 5, 16, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by imnewhere View Post
Looking to visit Boston next year in Spring and looking to fly there in J. Initially looked at Google Flights and seems like everything out of SIN is at least 5.5k USD.

Changed departure to CMB and seems like QR is offering 2.1k USD CMB-BOS-CMB. So I can technically get a cheap UL or EK Y ticket to position myself.

Do anyone else knows what is the best way to fly there in J affordably? I can live with SIN-xxx-NYC and take the bus to Boston or position myself somewhere in Asia to fly one-stop to Boston. Would appreciate any ideas! Thanks!!
I would suggest you jump on this QR fare: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...115-rt-ai.html

Search this Thread