Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Places to eat in Singapore

Places to eat in Singapore

Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by 8dimsum
Hello! I am interested in the black pepper crab at Eng Seng: where/which metro stop in Singapore? Directions pls, we will probably on a cruise ship that stops near Marina Sands. thanks!
It's in Joo Chiat, which is one of those places in SG that isn't quite next to a metro station. If I were you I'd just take a Grab / Taxi.
SQTraveller likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: BA, SQ
Originally Posted by 8dimsum
Hello! I am interested in the black pepper crab at Eng Seng: where/which metro stop in Singapore? Directions pls, we will probably on a cruise ship that stops near Marina Sands. thanks!
It's about a kilometer from Eunos MRT station according to Google. It's a distance I would have no issues walking.
If you do venture by MRT from the marina cruise terminal take the MRT up to Raffle Place and then change to the East West (green) line which will take you to Eunos.

Cabbing it will be easier, but I guess it depends on your sense of adventure!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

The walk to Eng Seng from the metro stop was not bad. It took us about 10 minutes walking in a faster pace as it was misty that day. If you walk slowly it will take you 15 minutes
However, on the way back to the hotel, we took Grab taxi. I was so full that I wouldn't survive walk back to the metro
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:39 pm

Thank you all for the responses. -- We are just getting settled from cruising back to SF from Hong Kong. Juggling our cruising schedule to include Singapore for 2020. --Nixing Tokyo Olympic visit per $$ & weather & Crowds.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:20 am

Try the Michelin Star hawker!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:20 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Sure, if you 2.5 hours to wait for food which is pretty standard.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Standard is a complement for that food now....
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA, SQ
Originally Posted by kenmazoki
Try the Michelin Star hawker!
As Public Enemy once rapped "Don't believe the hype!"
tentseller likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Exactly the reason I wasn't compelled to try it out. I just did not have enough patience to wait that long...
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:32 am

For those who want chicken rice, can try 1 place in Far East Scotts Rd next to Hyatt.

Hainanese Delicacy
#05-116 Far East Plaza, 14 Scotts Rd, Singapore 228213

I think it is one of the best chicken rice in Singapore
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Can anyone recommend an Asian restaurant that has good vegetarian selections other than Summer Pavilion?

Cherry Garden and Peach Blossoms have caught my eye. My partner is vegetarian, whereas I'm not, so on the look out for places with a good selection for her.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exactlyaron
Can anyone recommend an Asian restaurant that has good vegetarian selections other than Summer Pavilion?

Cherry Garden and Peach Blossoms have caught my eye. My partner is vegetarian, whereas I'm not, so on the look out for places with a good selection for her.
There are plenty of asian vegetarian restaurants in Singapore but really what you mean by Asian? Chinese, Indian, Malay, Japanese, Korean, Nepalese, Thai, Vietnamese ....

Most restaurants offer some vegetarian options
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by exactlyaron
Are you open to vegetarian as well, or must you have meat?

A couple of my vegetarian colleagues go here quite often https://www.joierestaurant.com.sg/menu/ (Orchard road). Their photos look good, and the pricing seems reasonable too. I've not gone myself though, neither my wife nor I are vegetarians so we haven't quite bothered visiting
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Just resurrecting because I think despite all my expectations we will be in Singapore for three nights next week!! Any recommendations for eating within walking distance of the Intercontinental Middle Road, just trying to minimise use of public transport because we have PCR tests to depart to and on arrival in Phuket. Not overly worried just minimising contact!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: UA MM 1KP, AA GLD, SWA A-List, ICH Ambassador Spire Elite, HHonors DMD, Hertz Gold, National EC
Originally Posted by strickers
Just resurrecting because I think despite all my expectations we will be in Singapore for three nights next week!! Any recommendations for eating within walking distance of the Intercontinental Middle Road, just trying to minimize use of public transport because we have PCR tests to depart to and on arrival in Phuket. Not overly worried just minimizing contact!
Try Yhingthai Palace.
36 Purvis St, #01-04, Singapore 188613
Good Thai food and short walk. Save room for tapioca with coconut crème for desert.
strickers likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.