Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Trusted Traveler Prog. accepting applicants who have US Global Entry.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Trusted Traveler Prog. accepting applicants who have US Global Entry.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Reviving this thread with a recent data point of US Global Entry member applying for Singapore eIACS:

- completed an online application last August, received an Approval In Principle within a day or two, but it also said to visit an enrollment center within 2 months to complete the process. However I wasn't going again until January (this past month)

- submitted another application in late December, again received AIP within a day or two. Note that some time in between August and December, they relaxed the requirements so that you only need to have entered Singapore twice in the last 24 months (reduced from 3x within 12 months, although I did qualify in August under the stricter criteria)

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enteringanddeparting/visitor/ftp

On arrival into Changi, I remained "airside" and went to the office in T3 to complete the process, which was quick and painless (the only extremely minor annoyance was having to fill out a paper application containing mostly the same info as the online application). I was advised it could take maybe 15 minutes for my approval to percolate through the system, so I sat around reading email etc. for a bit and was then able to use the eGates with no problem ^
Has the procedure changed? I do not see any option for applying online. The current instructions just tell you to fill out the application and apply in person with your passport.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by downinit
Has the procedure changed? I do not see any option for applying online. The current instructions just tell you to fill out the application and apply in person with your passport.
Hmm, I can't find the online application either now -- I guess they removed that option?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Hmm, I can't find the online application either now -- I guess they removed that option?
Good to know that they are making it easier and more accessible. I hope I can apply while on my second visit. I will be doing so in the city, so I would have already officially entered.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
When I'd looked into the Singapore program in the past, the application process was too onerous. It required a visit to some bureaucratic office in the central business district what was only open weekdays during the daytime. And I was never very motivated because the immigration queue for foreigners is usually very fast when ever I've arrived at Changi. And they are using automatic passport scanning for nearly all departing passengers. Since then, I've gotten an APEC Business Travel Card which gives me express line privileges at Changi, along with so many other ASEAN destinations. That is a much more useful thing than privileges at a single airport in SEA.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Anyone else having issues with the application form not accepting their Global Entry ID number? My guess is this may be happening because I'm technically a NEXUS member (which includes Global Entry) rather than only a Global Entry member.

I've written to ICA, but thought I'd see if anyone here had experience with resolving this.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Scifience
Anyone else having issues with the application form not accepting their Global Entry ID number? My guess is this may be happening because I'm technically a NEXUS member (which includes Global Entry) rather than only a Global Entry member.

I've written to ICA, but thought I'd see if anyone here had experience with resolving this.
You are part of Nexus, which includes access to Global Entry kiosks and eligible for TSA pre, but you are not part of the Global Entry program

The ID number is a CBP PASSID, issued by these programs (GE, Nexus, Sentri)

Global entry benefits explicitly mentions this. Nexus doesn't
  • Access to expedited entry benefits in other countries
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/benefits

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...benefits-nexus
Old May 3, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by paperwastage
You are part of Nexus, which includes access to Global Entry kiosks and eligible for TSA pre, but you are not part of the Global Entry program
The ID number is a CBP PASSID, issued by these programs (GE, Nexus, Sentri)
Global entry benefits explicitly mentions this. Nexus doesn't
  • Access to expedited entry benefits in other countries
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...entry/benefits
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...benefits-nexus
Thanks. It's odd, because when I called CBP they said it was impossible to join both, that NEXUS would supersede GE and include its benefits, and that new IDs were not issued when switching between programs. I'll need to ask them again.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:38 pm

Thanks. It's odd, because when I called CBP they said it was impossible to join both, that NEXUS would supersede GE and include its benefits, and that new IDs were not issued when switching between programs. I'll need to ask them again.
Their FAQ explicitly says you can join GE, then apply (and pay for) Nexus . Not sure if it's possible to do the other way around (Nexus first then GE)

Not sure if it's worth the effort and $ (unless you have a cc that reimburses GE)? Singapore customs and immigration isn't as bad as US immigration and customs bag exit line

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...sked-questions

How do I add NEXUS to my existing Global Entry membership?

Login to TTP. On the GOES home page under Program Membership(s), click on "Manage Membership." Then click on the "Add Trusted Traveler Program." Make any changes necessary. On the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program List page, select the checkbox next to the NEXUS option. On the next page you will see the NEXUS logo. You will need to provide additional information and answer questions; (some of these questions are very similar). Once all the application information is entered/ corrected, certify your application and pay the fee. Applicants seeking to use NEXUS to enter Canada must complete an enrollment interview with the Canada Border Services Agency.

Last edited by paperwastage; May 3, 2019 at 1:47 pm
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:20 pm

Approximately where is the airside eIACS office in T3​​​​​? The link to the map on the website gives me an error message.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:09 pm

Someone else said they only had Nexus, but was able to get Singapore trusted traveler program.... Strange , u should try again?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31207616-post21.html

Last edited by paperwastage; Jul 29, 2019 at 6:32 pm
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:34 pm

Anybody know is there is a way to transfer to a new passport, like GE? As in I already have it, but now I have a new passport
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ps107
Approximately where is the airside eIACS office in T3​​​​​? The link to the map on the website gives me an error message.
My recollection is that, if you imagine that you are a passenger who has just passed through exit formalities at T3, it is just on the right where I drew a crude arrow:

ps107 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:35 pm

That will be very helpful, thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:28 am

Found the office and got my eIACS on my way in to Singapore on Thursday. Had to wait ~15 minutes for the lady to turn up and open the office after 8:00.

The whole process seemed a bit "Dad's Army". I like the part of the form where you have to sign saying you promise not to be a criminal while you're there.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:15 am

Has anyone been able to submit an application online recently? The website only says to download the application and apply in person. However, when I last tried that in March, I was informed that I needed to apply online first. I had an appointment, but they said that they could not process my application until I was approved online. I could not find an option to do that in March, and I still cannot find the option now???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.