Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Trusted Traveler Prog. accepting applicants who have US Global Entry.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Trusted Traveler Prog. accepting applicants who have US Global Entry.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Read here.
Thanks. Looks like I can just walk in.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by wilp888
Thanks. Looks like I can just walk in.
Bottom of the page shows you need to make an eAppointment.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:02 pm

The appointment is only necessary at the ICA building office. I actually click all the way through your link to make an appointment and it was only for that office.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by wilp888
The appointment is only necessary at the ICA building office. I actually click all the way through your link to make an appointment and it was only for that office.
I see, good luck in the interview.

Hoping my application get approved as well.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:26 pm

I completed the enrollment last Friday at Changi Airport. It was very simple with no waiting and no actual interview. The office was airside in T3. It took about 15-20 minutes and probably could have been faster but I had the feeling the two officers were doing it for the first time for US GE members. They took my thumb prints and scanned my passport 2/3 times. They stamped the last page of my passport with a notice stating that I was eligible to use the elACS and told me that even if I go through regular immigration, I could just show the stamp. Each visit was good for 90 days.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:50 pm

I applied for GE about 2 weeks ago and am currently waiting for my application to get approved for an interview at the US Embassy.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:59 pm

I applied for GE about 2 weeks ago and am currently waiting for my application to get approved for an interview at the US Embassy.
Good luck on your application. You will find the GE program extremely convenient. I arrived at SFO yesterday morning and there were long lines for both citizens and non-citizens. Although all the GE kiosks were being used, I waited less than a minute for an available machine. After I collected my luggage, I walked pass all the people lined up at the exit and used the GE exit (on the extreme right at SFO) which was empty. I have been a GE member for 7 years and this is, by far, the best program ever by the CBP.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Applied for GE on 7/7, conditionally approved 7/21. Now to get an interview slot... First open slots at the US Embassy are in September (and EWR/JFK/LAX are even later)
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
Applied for GE on 7/7, conditionally approved 7/21. Now to get an interview slot... First open slots at the US Embassy are in September (and EWR/JFK/LAX are even later)
Yep, I'm also scheduled at the US Embassy for April 2017. I'm currently looking at availability for the first few days of January at LAX since I'll be transiting through on my return flight to Singapore.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
GOES enrollment event in Singapore

Yep, I'm also scheduled at the US Embassy for April 2017. I'm currently looking at availability for the first few days of January at LAX since I'll be transiting through on my return flight to Singapore.
CBP is apparently running a special enrollment event in October in Singapore at the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce in Raffles Place. Link is below but it's currently on the home page of the US Embassy Singapore website.

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/s...lmentEvent.pdf

It's certainly sooner than your appointment in April next year...
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Managed to grab an interview on 8/1 at EWR, got asked all of 2 questions and took maybe 5 minutes. Approval email came about 30 min later so that was that.

Didn't manage to get precheck for my EWR-NRT on 8/2 though but probably because I put my KTN in too late. Returning to the US at the end of the month so we shall see how the GE kiosks work / if there are any issues with my SG passport lol.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
CBP is apparently running a special enrollment event in October in Singapore at the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce in Raffles Place. Link is below but it's currently on the home page of the US Embassy Singapore website.

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/s...lmentEvent.pdf

It's certainly sooner than your appointment in April next year...
Yep I got the email from them, I re-selected the new venue and managed to secure an interview for October this year, which is better than my previous April 2017 appointment at the US Embassy. Will get to experience GE for the first time on my transit at LAX towards the end of the year.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by truncated
Managed to grab an interview on 8/1 at EWR, got asked all of 2 questions and took maybe 5 minutes. Approval email came about 30 min later so that was that.

Didn't manage to get precheck for my EWR-NRT on 8/2 though but probably because I put my KTN in too late. Returning to the US at the end of the month so we shall see how the GE kiosks work / if there are any issues with my SG passport lol.
(bolding added)

There's a Global Entry kiosk set up in the lobby (designated for training purposes only) of the US Embassy here. You can try it out - the glass plate for reading the fingerprints require a lot of pressure, more IMO than the Singapore Immigration eIACS automated gates needs for the thumbprint.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:02 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note:

Thread title changed to show that the Singapore program is now accepting applicants who are already accepted into the US Global Entry Program. See post 18 above for some of the requirements beyond having Global Entry. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Reviving this thread with a recent data point of US Global Entry member applying for Singapore eIACS:

- completed an online application last August, received an Approval In Principle within a day or two, but it also said to visit an enrollment center within 2 months to complete the process. However I wasn't going again until January (this past month)

- submitted another application in late December, again received AIP within a day or two. Note that some time in between August and December, they relaxed the requirements so that you only need to have entered Singapore twice in the last 24 months (reduced from 3x within 12 months, although I did qualify in August under the stricter criteria)

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enteringanddeparting/visitor/ftp

On arrival into Changi, I remained "airside" and went to the office in T3 to complete the process, which was quick and painless (the only extremely minor annoyance was having to fill out a paper application containing mostly the same info as the online application). I was advised it could take maybe 15 minutes for my approval to percolate through the system, so I sat around reading email etc. for a bit and was then able to use the eGates with no problem ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.